Runnin c canine adventures
Fixie Friday - Price Drops
2023.04.01 04:35 Anderdale Fixie Friday - Price Drops
This is all that’s left with their 1 and only price drop. If they don’t sell at these prices I’ll hang onto them.
NO TRADES I accept PayPal FnF or Venmo only
Compliance Edge V3 Like new with sheath, knife only. Robust and beautiful Fixie here. S35vn steel. Amazing USA made knife. SV: 💲1️⃣5️⃣0️⃣SOLD https://imgur.com/a/5VBnSeV
Here’s a link with specs. https://complianceedgeknives.com/products/v3-stonewashed-black-black?_pos=12&_sid=b0d4ca8a4&_ss=r BMKT EDC1 Fixie
Like new with sheath. Field Spec. Excellent Tanto blade with M390 steel! Compact knife but feels great in hand. SV: 💲1️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ https://imgur.com/a/7bt359h
Here’s a link with specs. https://www.bmkt.ca/2022-field-spec/edc1-tanto-2nw58 SPK Sasquatch s60v/440v
Excellent condition. I am at least the second owner. Original owner did sharpen it. Brown Richlite scales. The blade has beautiful grind lines. These are long sold out. Not sure when Alex will make another batch but with the insane demand for his Lamia, I’m guessing never. The shark gets the fame but I think the squatch is the better Fixie he makes. Comes with coa and sheath. SV: 💲3️⃣2️⃣5️⃣ https://imgur.com/a/Ih7gmuC Adventure Sworn Custom Explorer 3v
This is probably my favorite knife from this sale. At least Second owner. This was used only once or twice for processing wood but in excellent condition. Never sharpened but stropped once or twice. 4.25" blade in CPM-3V, 9.38" overall, 0.156" blade stock. Beautiful scandi grind. Black canvas micarta scales with purple G10 liners and brass bolts. Comes with paperwork and very nice black leather dangler sheath with fire steel loop. SV: 💲2️⃣5️⃣0️⃣ https://imgur.com/a/vKkRhTy
Half Face Blades Crow Jr. Exclusive blue denim in s35vn steel. From what I was told this is a rare material for them to use. It was minimally used if at all. There is a spot on the blade, see videos. It doesn’t appear to be patina and it definitely isn’t rust. More like a stain from the finish. Comes with a nice sheath. SV: 💲2️⃣4️⃣5️⃣SOLD https://imgur.com/a/g3Haq7B
submitted by Anderdale
to Knife_Swap [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 04:25 renegadememes How I would Balance every Stand/Spec
*Note, if you don't see a Stand/Spec in this list that means I neglected to change it as I believe it's balanced as-is --Part 3 Stands--
--Part 4 Stands--
- Star Platinum
- "Star Finger" will automatically put Inhale on a cooldown 3 seconds and vice versa
- Magician's Red
- Overall Burn damage duration nerf
- "Crossfire Hurricane Special" cooldown nerfed from 9 seconds to 13 seconds
- Hierophant Green
- "Pilot" Speed no longer scales with FPS
- Silver Chariot
- "Million Pricks" is now fully blockable
- "Cursed Blade" now has 0.25 seconds of windup
- Fixed bug where you get stuck in the floor after using "Void Surprise"
- Cream's Void moves no longer remove legs
- The World
- Fixed "Road Roller"'s hitbox so it's more consistent
- Added "Sign-Slam", A Parriable Guard-Break which removes limbs
- Added "Donut", which functions similarly to "Impale", but does Knockback
--Part 5 Stands--
- Star Platinum: The World
- Increased windup of "Skull Crusher"
- Crazy Diamond
- "Rage Counter" no longer stuns but grants 0.5 Iframes to the User
- Landing "Rage Counter" no longer grants Rage if the Rage Bar is already active
- "Blood Slash" no longer "hits" ragdolled opponents
- The Hand
- Erasure will now ragdoll instead of stun
- Secondary Erasure is now replaced with "Za Foot", A command grab that deals bleeding damage
- Erasure Accelerate replaced with "Hando Warp", which makes the Player accelerate a set distance in the direction of the cursor
- Red Hot Chili Pepper
- Destructive Power buffed from 5.5 to 6.7
- Killer Queen / KQ: Bites The Dust
- Reduced particle effects for all of KQ's Bomb moves
--Part 6 Stands--
- Golden Experience
- Pressing "Summon Life Form"'s keybind now does absolutely nothing if airborne
- Sticky Fingers
- Fixed Bug where Zipper Glide creates invisible walls around the User
- Zipper Punch's slowness effect now only stacks twice
- Six Pistols
- Improved Dash's cooldown nerfed from 20 to 35 seconds
- Multi Shot's projectile speed no longer scales with FPS
- Now Banned from SBR until Aerosmith Hacking is fully patched from the game
- Aerosmith's "Pilot" can now take damage like any other Pilot Stand
- Beach Boy
- "Hook Pierce" and "Rod Throw" will now go in the direction of the Cursor
- "Rod Pull (not the auto one)"'s hitbox is now synced with it's animation
- "Rod Pull" is no longer Perfect-Blockable
- King Crimson
- "Epitaph (Chop Passive)" is no longer interrupted by the User accidentally clicking
- Gold Experience Requiem
- "Nullification: Zero" now has 0.25 seconds of windup
- King Crimson Requiem
- "Dimension Slash"'s Windup is now reduced slightly (about 0.2 seconds)
--Part 7 Stands--
- Stone Free
- Increased windup for "String Slam"
- Victims of "Uppercut to the Moon" will now be granted I-frames during the Ascension animation
- The falling section of "UTTM" will no longer stun the opponent upon hitting the ground
- "Gravitational Negation" will now have 0.25 seconds of windup
- Made In Heaven
- Increased windup for "Infinite Speed"
- "Infinite Speed" now has the properties of "Skull Crusher"
- The World: Over Heaven
- Reduced Skill Tree cost by 7 Skill points
--Soft & Wet / S&W: Go Beyond--
- Tusk Act 4
- Increased Cooldowns for "Wormhole Nails" & "Wormhole Uppercut"
- Scary Monsters
- "SM Pounce"'s functionality is no longer tied to FPS
- Scary Monster's hitbox is now moved to the half-front of the model
- Increased "Head Charge"'s movement speed
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap / D4C: Love Train
- Dimensional Victim Clone is now cancelable by 1 hit
--Specs / Fighting Styles--
- "Bubble Generation"'s shield nerfed by 20%
- "Tough Skin" nerfed from 30% to 25%
- "Luck & Pluck" now has a shield depending on how much Hamon the User has charged
- Breaking the shield will cancel the move
- Pluck / Sword-Style
- "Mortal Slash" now inflicts bleeding damage
- "Lethal Tempo" provides 15% damage reduction (maximum stacks)
- "Vaporization Freezing" now applies a 10 second global cooldown on all counters or moves that could redirect damage
- "Vaporization Freezing" now has 0.25 seconds of windup
- Increased windup for "Life Absorption"
- Increased Windup for "Oblivion Of Death"
- "Oblivion Of Death" hitbox synced with animation (assuming it wasn't already)
- Fixed Golden Skin damage amplification bug
- "Spin Reflex" now applies a 10 second global cooldown on all counters or moves that could redirect damage
- Increased width of "Spin Reflex"'s hitbox
- Slightly increased hitbox for all of Spin's projectiles
Medal for you if you got this far without skipping 🏅 View Poll
submitted by renegadememes
to YourBizarreAdventure [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 03:45 iah772 In Loving Memory: ChatGPT (GPT-4, you too)
Here I want to share my misadventures with ChatGPT and GPT-4. Before doing so however, I'd like to clarify certain things to reduce confusion on my goals and justifications of this post and its content.
- I do not claim that AI doesn't have any usefulness. I believe, however, that such usefulness requires a fluency at least to the point you find yourself teaching others in this sub.
- YOU CHERRYPICKED, THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!! Well yes, I did, but if I can actually cherrypick bad responses, it probably means an unsuspecting user will encounter garbage of similar vein. Thus, I consider it completely fine to cherrypick in this context.
- The examples I share here are the ones that the AI constantly behaved weird after multiple attempts. The specific details of garbageness may be different when you try them out yourself. Have fun, I guess.
- I will share the following:
- Exhibit A: ChatGPT makes an factual error, acts like a human when pointed out and further makes up "facts" in the response it claims as the corrected version.
- Exhibit B: ChatGPT claiming a phrase to be natural, even if it's something I mistyped and is at best barely grammatical
- Exhibit C: ChatGPT fails a simple task
- Exhibit D: BingChat (which is GPT-4 to my knowledge) also fails the simple task
With this out of the way, let's start with the first adventure I had: asking a fairly simple factual question that can be verified with Google (Exhibit A). I fed ChatGPT multiple famous groups and companies, 三田会
, (alumni for Keio University) gave me interesting result. So I asked
. Okay, apparently it's Waseda University. Now, I asked in English: Tell me that but in English
to make it English, and asked Are you sure it's Waseda University?
which got ChatGPT to give me the correct answer. Then I asked further out of curiosity: Are you sure it's Keio University?
It decided to further amend the answer
. This behavior - amending their answers based on what I said - reminds me of a young child. This is cool and very human-like, but sucks as a learning partner, don't you think? It "corrected" itself because I showed suspicion, that's a crap teacher.
The other day, I was playing around with the unnatural expression 時間が経る but I mistyped 自然な日本語 and asked 事前な日本語 on a pure accident, whatever that means (Exhibit B). The issue is, ChatGPT had absolutely no problem with what I asked
. Hoping it was some stupid autocorrect, I asked in isolation
. 事前な日本語 is completely fine, per ChatGPT.
Last one for ChatGPT: let's count characters! (Exhibit C) This one's easy... right
? Who the hell counts empty set as a single character
??? What logic (if any) is this based on
??? Why bring up full width and half width on a word count
(Exhibit D) GPT-4 is smarter, they said. They look things up on the internet, they said. Even better than English GPT 3.5, they said. So why is 天丼は3文字
and うな重は4文字 except it makes it look so credible
Don't be the guinea pig, 人柱, 毒見
, etc.etc. unless you know Japanese well enough. Do yourself a favor and use the generally accepted sources instead. Most importantly, stop blindly praising them unless you know enough about the topic
That is all.
submitted by iah772
to LearnJapanese [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 03:36 Cosmicspider87 Epstein and his Royalty/Noble Connections
- Prince Andrew, will have his own segment (These listed below are close to him and Epstein)
- Simon Case: Private Secretary to Prince William as of 2018. Previously was in charge of figuring out the border issue in Northern Ireland and Ireland post-Brexit. British civil servant for over a decade, including as a policy adviser for the Ministry of Defence.
- Merivale-Austen, Bruce: Managing Partner of DM Partners Asia, a private wealth management firm. Plays polo every summer with Prince William and Prince Harry (https://www.thailandtatler.com/people/brouce-merivale-austin
- Gibbs, Emma: Former girlfriend of Prince Andrew. Gibbs was introduced to Prince Andrew by her good friend, Ghislaine Maxwell. Gibbs worked as a PR consultant.
- Harvey Victoria: Ex-girlfriend of Prince Andrew, Hervey is an English model and socialite. Although her relationship with Andrew didn’t work out, she remained in his inner circle. In 2000, she attended a dinner with Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Jeffrey Epstein (source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9844083/lady-victoria-hervey-jeffrey-epstein-too-old/). Hervey is also a friend of Ghislaine Maxwell, who introduced her to Epstein and “set her up in one of Epstein’s apartments in New York.” Hervey is the daughter of Victor Hervey, 6th Marquess of Bristol, businessman and member of the House of Lords.
- Jameel, Mohammed: Saudi Arabian businessman. CEO of Abdul Latif Jameel, a collective of family-owned businesses that specialize in transportation, investing, and real estate. Royal pervert Prince Andrew infamously partied on Jameel’s yacht during the 2011 London riots (source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-frolicks-on-yacht-with-mystery-147496
- Manconi, John: Businessman who hosts super exclusive charity polo events attended by Prince Charles, Harry, and Andrew (https://variety.com/2002/scene/vpage/royals-have-splendid-time-1117868882/).
- Caprice: Likely refers to Caprice Bourret, a former model and former love interest of Prince Andrew around 2000-2001.
- Sir Rufus Albermarle
- Earl Charles Spencer Aldrup
- Carella Alun-Jones
- Jeremy and Deborah Alun-Jones
- Simon Astaire Hollywood and British Royal Family agent. Specializes in representation, celebrity endorsement, and public relations.
- Sir Anthony Bamford and Lady C Anthony is a billionaire British businessman. Chairman of JCB, which provides equipment for construction, agriculture, etc. Has donated more than £4m personally and through JCB companies to the Conservative Party. Has close ties to David Cameron, Tony Blair, and Prince Charles. Bamford was mentioned in the Panama Papers as having offshore accounts. Lady Carole Bamford is his wife and a successful businesswoman.
- James & Lucinda Bruce: James is a businessman who comes from nobility. His father was a baron. His 2nd wife, Lucinda, is a producer.
- Lord and Lady Beaumon Likely refers to the late Tim Beaumont of Whitley and his wife, Baroness Mary Rose. Tim was a UK politician in the Liberal Party and, later on, the Green Party. Six generations of his paternal side sat in the House of Commons (source: Irish Times) He was also an Anglican priest. Mary Rose is the cousin of Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon and (now deceased) husband of Princess Margaret.
- Baron Bentinck Dutch and British nobility.
- Robert Byng Descendant of admirals, viscounts, and earls. Current property owner of Wrotham Park, an English country house that hosts social events for the wealthy and has been used as a filming location for many movies.
- Sir Nickey Caledon The 7th Earl of Caledon. Received his knighthood in 2015 when he was appointed Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO).
- Mario Cabo-Platero is an Italian journalist and served as editor of the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore for 30 years. Ariadne is the daughter of Lord and Lady Beaumont
- George & Pauline Case: Pauline Case (maiden name Pauline Astor) is a Viscountess and daughter of William Astor, 3rd Viscount Astor
- Marina Cowdray: Wife of Michael Pearson, 4th Viscount of Cowdray. Daughter of John Cordle. Sister of Rachel and Rupert Cordle.
- Sophie Crabbe British socialite
- d’Arenberg, Prince Pierre: Family lineage can be traced back 1000 years. European royalty. Extremely wealthy not because of his ties to nobility, but because his mother, Margaret Bedford, was an heiress to Standard Oil (Exxon).
- d’Uzes, Jacques De crussol: The 17th Duke of Uze
- Dartmouth, William: The 10th Earl of Dartmouth. Member of the European Parliament from 2009-2019. Became a stepbrother of Princess Diana when his mother embarked on a 2nd marriage with Diana’s father, John Spencer.
- Derby Earl / Cntess Cass & Ted: Edward Stanley (known informally as Teddy) is the 19th Earl of Derby. Caroline Stanley is Ted’s wife. She was a socialite during the ‘90s and is the daughter of Robin Neville, the 10th Baron Braybrooke
- Dolbey, Alex & Suzie: Suzie Dolbey (nee Murray-Philipson) is the daughter of the recently deceased Robin Murray-Philipson, who was the descendant of the Viscounts Elibank. Alex Dolbey has been the director of several management and investment companies.
- Duchess of York: Former wife of Prince Andrew. Mother of Princess Beatrice and Eugenie.
- Elliot, Ben: Current Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party in the UK and nephew of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (Prince Charles’s current wife). Elliot is also co-founder of Quintessentially Group, a hospitality group that specializes in leisure, travel, and tourism. Epstein has several ties to this group. Elliot’s spokesman has said that Elliot never met Epstein. However, Elliot has been a dinner guest of Ghislaine Maxwell in New York.
- Fairfax, The Hon Rupert: Hon. Rupert Alexander James Fairfax is the son of Thomas Brian McElvie Fairfax, 13th Lord of Fairfax of Cameron. Rupert is currently Managing Director of Fairfax Saddles, which was awarded the Queen’s Award for Innovation in 2018. This is the highest business award in the UK.
- Fiennes, Martin: The heir apparent to the Baron Saye and Sele, a title of peerage in England. Lives in Broughton Castle. Cousin of actor Ralph Fiennes.
- Fiennes, Suzzana: A British artist who works exclusively with Prince Charles. Susannah is the twin sister of Martin Fiennes and cousin of actor Ralph.
- Freud, Mathew: Matthew Freud is the head of Freud Communications, an international public relations firm. Matthew is also the great-grandson of Sigmund Freud. Freud’s first wife, Caroline Hutton, went on to marry the 9th Earl of Spencer (Princess Diana’s brother). Elisabeth Murdoch, his 2nd wife (now divorced), is the daughter of Rupert Murdoch.
- Robert Olney
- Mr and Mrs Ellingworth
- Lady Amanda
- Patrick and Marla Fairweather
- Gary Ramsey
- Ashley & Allegra Hicks: Ashley is the Godson of Prince Philip, second cousin of Prince Charles, and an interior designer.
- Viscount William Astor: Member of the House of Lords, which creates and shapes laws. There are approximately 800 current members. Chairman of television production company Silvergate Media. Member of the Astor family, which specialized in the fur trade, real estate, and drug smuggling in the early 19th century.
- Tamara Beckwith: English socialite
- Annabelle Bond OBE (born 1969) is a British socialite, international adventurer and activist, who came to prominence after climbing the summit of Mount Everest on 15 May 2004, making her the fourth British woman to do so.
- Glentworth, Edmund & Emily: Edmund Pery is the 7th Earl of Limerick and was formerly known as Viscount Glentworth. He worked in British government until becoming director of Deutsche Bank. Emily is Edmund’s wife.
- Granby, David: David Charles Robert Manners is the 11th Duke of Rutland. He also goes by the Marquess of Granby. Granby is a high-profile supporter of the UK Independence Party and has hosted fundraising events at his ancestral home, Belvoir Castle. Employed Harvey Proctor, the former Conservative Parliament member who had to resign because he had sexual relations with underage male prostitutes, as his personal secretary.
- Grenfell, Natasha: Daughter of Lord St Just, heir to a banking fortune and Wilbury Park mansion. Her mother was actress and one-time Tennessee Williams love interest, Maria Britneva. Natasha is a socialite who has is friends with royalty, actors, and musicians
- Hambro, Clementine: Great-granddaughter of Winston Churchill who also served as a bridesmaid at the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana when she was just five-years-old. Her father, Richard, was a British heir and investment banker. K
- Hanover, Ernst & chantal: Prince Ernst Hanover is the head of the royal House of Hanover. The House of Hanover has produced six British monarchs, including King George III and Queen Victoria. The current British monarchy, the Windsors, are actually of German and British descent, which is why these family trees intersect. Most notably, the House of Hanover is perhaps the most important of the Black Nobility families. There have been some fantastic threads on Reddit about the Black Nobility.
- Hanson, Brook: Adopted son of British industrialist, Lord Hanson, Brook died in 2014 at the age of 50.
- Hanson, Lord & Lady: British industrialist who made a fortune in the ‘80s as a Trade and Industry
- Secretary in close friend Margaret Thatcher’s administration. His wife, Geraldine, was a former model. They are both dead.
- Hanson, The Hon Robert: British financier and eldest son of Lord Hanson. Chairman of Hanson Family Holdings, a private investment firm. In the 1980s, Robert worked as a banker at NM Rothschild & Sons before returning to his father’s company. Before getting married, Hanson dated socialite Anouska de Georgiou, who became the first British woman to accuse Jeffrey Epstein of raping her as a teenager (source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/how-british-teen-model-was-lured-jeffrey-epstein-s-web-n1056901. Odd that Robert Hanson, his brother Brook, and his parents would have wanted anything to do with Epstein.
- Heseltine, Rupert: Businessman and heir to Haymarket Media Group. Son of Baron Michael Heseltine.
- Hicks, India: A fashion model in the ‘80s and ‘90s, India Hicks is a good friend of Ghislaine Maxwell. Descendant of the Mountbatten family, a British dynasty (although much of their background is German). Granddaughter of the much-decorated war hero, Lord Mountbatten (Prince Charles’s mentor), who, according to FBI files, was “a homosexual with a perversion for young boys” (source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9745399/lord-mountbatten-fbi-dossier-prince-charles/). Prince Charles is her second cousin and Godfather.
- Hill, Anthony: Son of Robin Hall, 8th Marquess of Downshire and Juliet Weld-Forester, daughter of 7th Baron Forester.
- Hoffman, Hetty: Married to Robin Dundas, Earl of Ronaldshay. Lady Ronaldshay is a patron and ambassador for Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice, a UK-based charity that provides care for terminally ill babies and children up to five years old. A good friend of Ben Holland-Martin
- Linley, David: Princess Margaret’s son, Queen Elizabeth II’s nephew, and first cousin of Prince Charles and Prince Andrew. Linley is a furniture maker and the 2nd Earl of Snowdon. He used to be the Chairman of Christie’s auction house in the UK.
- Manners, Eddie: Lord Manners is the son of the 10th Earl of Rutland and an investment banker. He lives at Haddon Hall, a beautiful old mansion.
- Manners, Miss Lucy: An interior designer who is the cousin of Eddie (mentioned above) and the Duke of Rutland. Lucy is a very close friend of Sarah, Duchess of York (Prince Andrew’s first wife), a close friend of Epstein’s, and even served as her lady-in-waiting. Manners lives at Eastnor Castle, which houses 96 rooms.
- Manners, Terssa: Teresa is the daughter of the 10th Duke of Rutland and sister of Eddie and the 11th Duke of Rutland. She was the cover girl for Tatler and posed for Vogue, two magazines that feature many Epstein contacts.
- Menzies, Kate: Close friend of Princess Diana and the Royal Family. The Menzies are millionaires because of their newsagents and distribution group.
- Milford Haven George & Clare: George Mountbatten, 4th Marquess of Milford Haven. Second cousin of Prince Charles. Founded uSwitch, a website that allows you to compare suppliers of various services. Sold the company for $400 million. George’s grandfather was the older brother of Lord Mountbatten, alleged pedophile and father figure/mentor to Prince Charles. George’s wife, Clare, was the Social Editor of Tatler magazine (there it is again!) from 1995-2005.
- Monckton, Rosa: Former President of Tiffany & Co. jewelry company. Daughter of a Viscount. Princess Diana was Monckton’s best friend and the Godmother of one of her children. Rosa also serves as a fundraiser for and on the board of several charities, most of which focus on children. Monckton is a patron for Downside Up, a charity for children with Down Syndrome, with actor Ralph Fiennes, who is also in Epstein’s contacts (http://downsideupcharity.org/node/64). She also raises money for KIDS charity out of London where Liz Hurley (also in Epstein’s contacts) is a patron, along with Elton John, David Cameron, David Furnish, Cherie Booth, and Channel 4 News presenter Cathy Newman (https://www.kids.org.uk/Pages/FAQs/Category/patrons). Epstein once offered Monckton to bring her daughter, who has Down Syndrome, to his house in Palm Beach (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2003/03/jeffrey-epstein-200303?currentPage=1
- Murray Threipland, Tercious/Claire: Owner of Dunbeath Castle. Claire left her first husband, Henry Herbert, The 17th Earl of Pembroke, to be with Tertius in 1981. Claire’s daughter, Emma, was a bridesmaid at the first marriage of Camila Parker Bowles (now Prince Charles’s wife).
- Negrete, Jelitza: A Countess and descendant of European nobility
- Newman, Hetty: Second wife of the 7th Earl of Caledon.
- Noel, Hon Thomas: Son of Anthony Noel, 5th Earl of Gainsborough
- O’Donnell, Mr Carletto: Financier. Friend of Princess Michael of Kent (King George V’s grandson)
- Oxenberg Christina marc Yaggi: Christina is a writer and fashion designer. Her mother is Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia. Her grandparents were Prince Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Olga of Greece and Denmark. Due to all of the inbreeding between European royals, Christine is a cousin of the Royal Family. Oxenberg used to attend dinner parties at Epstein’s and was also friends with Ghislaine (https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a30222833/christina-oxenberg-instagram-patreon-memoi). Oxenberg intends to talk to the FBI about Epstein and Maxwell (https://www.tatler.com/article/christina-oxenberg-speaks-to-fbi-about-ghislaine-maxwell-and-jeffrey-epstein). Marc Yaggi is Executive Director of Waterkeeper Alliance, where Oxenberg was once a writer.
- Palumbo, Mr James: Baron Palumbo of Southwark is an entrepreneur and a member of the House of Lords. Co-founder of Ministry of Sound nightclub
- Palumbo, Peter: Father of James (above). Baron Palumbo is a property developer who sat on the House of Lords from 1991-2019. Former polo teammate and close friend of Prince Charles until they had a falling out. Confidant of Princess Diana. Godfather of Princess Beatrice of York, the elder daughter of Prince Andrew. Peter denies ever having met Epstein.
- Pearson Hon Charles: Son of the Third Viscount Cowdray and owner of the 53,000 acre Dunecht estate
- Pease, Simon & Clem: Simon was a successful custodian of the family’s Underley Estate. He was also a High Sheriff of Cumbria. Passed away in 2007. Clementine was his wife.
- Puttnam, David: British film producer, educator, and member of the House of Lords. Puttnam was friends with Princess Diana before her passing.
- Jose Aznar (Prime Minister)
- Fernando de Cordova Hohenlohe: Spanish nobility. Current Marquis of Alboloduy.
- Joaquin Fernandez de Arion: Spanish royalty. The 10th Duke of Arion. His mother is Princess Beatriz zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Married to Diana Langes-Swarovski, the great-great granddaughter of Daniel Swarovski, founder of the crystal manufacturer.
- Henry & Tatjana D’abo d’abo, d’Abo is the grandson of the 9th Duke of Rutland Tatjana is his wife. Henry is the chairman of Wilton Payments Ltd, a private company that helps with financial intermediation. He and Christopher O’Neill are the primary shareholders of the company. O’Neill is Tatjana’s half-brother, a British-American financier, and husband to Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland , a daughter of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- d’abo, Mrs. Jennifer: British entrepreneur who passed away in 2003. d’Abo was once married to Peter Cadbury from the family of the famous chocolate company. Peter did not work for the company, but he and Jennifer d’Abo had a son together. Their son, Joel Cadbury, became owner of the Groucho Club, a watering hole often frequented by famous people. Three years after Cadbury sold the club, their website became the center of a child pornography scandal (link to story: https://www.sott.net/article/242698-Groucho-Clubs-website-forum-hit-by-child-pornography-scandal
- Pierre D’ArenBerg
- de Clermont-Tonnerre, Hermine: A French princess who used to have a penchant for partying. The only daughter of Charles Henri, 11th Duke of Clermont-Tonnerre, Hermine was one of 500 guests invited to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother’s 100th birthday back in 2000.
- Louis Albert de Broglie French prince and entrepreneur The Prince Gardener
- Hauteville, Marc de: Manages Soc Civile du Frayssinet, a real estate company based out of France. There is very little information other than this. Both of his parents appear to be members of noble families - the Hautevilles and the Cazenoves - who have historical ties to the Du Ponts.
- Karella, Kalliope: Wife of Prince Pierre d’Arenberg. Kalliope is a good friend of Ghislaine Maxwell.
- Amr Al-Dabbagh
- Firyal Princess: Jerusalem-born Jordanian princess who was once married to Prince Muhammad bin Talal. Firyal was named an UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador in 1992. Princess Firyal launched the International Hope Foundation in 1994 for the benefit of homeless and street children. Firyal holds positions with several museums (The Louvre, The Tate, MOMA, and Guggenheim), as well as positions with Columbia University, New York Public Library, United Nation Association, and International Rescue Committee.
- Debbie & Bola Von Bismarck: Leopold (“Bolle”) von Bismarck is the great-grandson of Otto von Bismarck, the first chancellor of Germany. Debbie is a former model and Leopold’s wife. Model Kate Moss is currently engaged to their son, Nikolai.
- Vanessa von Bismarck Cofounder of BPCM, a public relations firm that specialized in fashion, beauty, and wine & spirits. Great-great-granddaughter of Otto von Bismarck.
- Furstenberg, Heinrich & Milana Heinrich is a prince and the Head of the House of Furstenberg as of 2011. He married Milana (Maximiliane of Windlisch-Gaetz), his second cousin, in 1976. He owns and manages the family’s landholdings and beer brewing businesses. His wife (and second cousin) also belongs to a family of high nobility.
- Furstenberg, Alex, Alexandra V.: Alexander is an American businessman and the son of the famous fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg. He remains a partner in his mother’s company. Alexandra is a furniture designer and Alex’s ex-wife. They divorced in 2002 but have 2 children together.
- Peretti Brachetti: Ferdinando Brachetti Peretti. Nobility. Son of Count Aldo Maria Brachetti-Peretti. Co-owner of Italian oil company, API.
- Hugo Brachetti: Also co-owner of Italian oil company, API. Ferdinando’s brother.
- Tiberto Brandolini d'Adda Mr. Brandolini d’Adda currently serves as an independent member of the Board of Directors of YAFA S.p.A. In addition, from 2015 to December 2019, he has been an independent Boardmember of LumX Asset Management (Suisse) S.A. (formerly Gottex Fund Management Holdings Limited).
- Muriel Brandolini is a famous interior designer who has worked with Matt Lauer, the Crown Prince and Princess of Greece, and others. Nuno is a banker and (shockingly) comes from money and nobility
- Gianluca Cicogna: CEO, CFO, and President of Beauty Brands Inc. Brother of Gianfranco Cicogna.
- Gioconda Cicogna: Mother of Gianluca and Gianfranco. Interior designer.
- Gianfranco Cicogna: Gianfranco Cicogna Mozzoni was a business leader, a Count by birth, the Ambassador for the Order of Malta at its embassy in Kenya. His grandfather, Giuseppe Volpi, was known as “Italy’s Rockefeller.” Gianfranco died flying a plane at an air show in 2012.
- Marina Cicogna: Countess. Granddaughter of Kingdom of Italy Finance Minister Giuseppe Volpi, one of the richest and most influential men in Italy in the early 1900s.
- Durso Luigi: Luigi d’Urso was a noble and Italian railroad executive who died in 2006. His grandfather was the 9th Duke di Cassano. His mother was the great-granddaughter of George Clymer, one of the founding fathers of the U.S. and signee of both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. d’Urso was also married to French designer and model Ines de la Fressange.
- Gaetani, Gelasio: Count Gelasio Gaetani comes from one of the oldest families in Rome. The Gaetani (also known as Caetani) family has produced 3 popes, including Pope Boniface VIII. Gelasio is a wine specialist and vineyard owner who helps celebrities buy the most unique bottles of wine throughout the world.
- Gaetani, Rufreido: Roffredo Gaetani was an Italian count, prince, and duke who died in a car crash in 2005. Roffredo came to the public’s attention when he dated Ivana Trump in the 1990s. Brother of Gelasio.
- Pignatelli, Frederico: An Italian prince whose family has “aristocratic ties to Pope Innocenzo XII” (https://federicopignatelli.com/). President, owner, and founder of Pier 59 Studios, the world’s largest photo studio complex. Federico was once accused of sexual harassment by his former assistant, but he was acquitted (https://nymag.com/intelligence2010/08/photography_studio_head_federi.html). Pignatelli also has his own modeling agency which is headed by Brunella Casella, the woman responsible for launching the career of scumbag Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, and others (https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/industry-model-management-new-york-office-10505934/
- Gillford, Lord & Lady: Lord Gillford is Patrick Meade, the 8th Earl of Clanwilliam. He is a businessman who is on the board of Soma Oil & Gas Holdings and Eurasia Drilling Company, where he served as Chairman. Eurasia Drilling Company is owned by Russian billionaire oligarch, Alexander Dzhaparidze and billionaire Alexander Putilov.
- Greece Princess Olga: Princess Olga, Duchess of Apulia (nee Princess Olga Isabelle of Greece) married her second cousin, Prince Aimone of Savoy, Duke of Apulia, in 2008. Olga’s father is first cousins with Prince Phillip (Queen Elizabeth’s wife).
- Greece, MC & Pavlos: Pavlos is the eldest son of Constantine II, the last King of Greece, before the monarchy was abolished in 1973. Worked in New York as an investment portfolio manager. MC is his wife, Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece. Her father is the billionaire founder of Duty Free Shops. Her sisters, Alexandra and Pia, married into the von Furstenberg and Getty families, respectively. A dinner party was thrown for them at the Standard Hotel in 2009. There were about 12 guests there. One of those exclusive guests was Ghislaine Maxwell (source: https://wwd.com/eye/people/royal-standard-a-fete-for-princess-marie-chantal-and-prince-pavlos-2399957/
- Guedroltz, Solina & Nicolas: Solina is a photographer. Her father is a viscount. Nicolas is an antique Russian furniture dealer. He is a Russian prince and is of Belgian nobility through his mother’s side.
- Hapsburg, Marie: Royalty. Her father was Archduke Joseph Arpad of Austria and her mother, Archduchess Maria of Austria, was a Princess of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg and a member of the House of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg by birth. The Hapsburg (also called Habsburg) family is one of the most powerful and wealthiest families in Europe. The Hapsburgs are another Black Nobility family of very high prestige. I couldn’t find anything out about her husband, Raymond van der Meide. They have 7 children together.
submitted by Cosmicspider87
to MisterEinvestigating [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 03:17 hycronh [WIPED 3/18] - HAVOC ZERO - DEER ISLE🌿 PVE 1PP ☠️ PVP ZONES - PC - US - Friendly, Chill and Balanced :) PC
HAVOC ZERO - DEER ISLE 🌿 Third Person PVE ⛺ / 1st Person PVP Zones ☠️ / Friendly, Social, Balance Gameplay / No Raid / DayZ Dog / Helis & Boats
Map: Deer Isle
Name: Havoc Zero DeerIsle PVE 1PP PVP Zones Helis Boats +
US Central Hosted/EU Playable - 120ms Ping for Western Europe, perfectly good ping for everyone! :) Hosted on a beefy, dedicated machine colocated at a datacenter with 10Gbps networking. https://havoczero.com
Havoc Zero - Deer Isle is a new and already populated server, offering a PVE experience, with PVP zones for those wanting to choose when they risk it all. Chill out with us, meet some new people, explore the amazing Deer Isle map full of adventures and mysteries, build a base and grind through our cars, helis and now boats! We have custom trader locations, do our best to use stable mods, and look after the community.
Current population is mostly US and around 25 people at any given time. Really nice folks looking to grind out gear and vehicles, and do a bit of PVP when they feel like it :)
* Balanced grind, a lot of loot-only necessary items - Enjoy success at any play rate and style!
* Cars - custom and carefully selected, themed appropriately to the apocalypse. No silly supercars.
* DayZ Dog - Have a loyal companion alongside your travels, or to help with hunting.
* Boats and Helis - Explore Deer Isle's vast disconnected lands and mysteries in various ways
* Mighty's Military Gear - Armoured vests and helmets
* Tactical Flava - Variety of guns with attachment systems, more gear
* SCWS Weapons Pack - High quality, high calibre, rare and fun.
* MuchStuffPack and BaseBuildingPlus to expand on base, item and storage
* No drugs on our servers - Make money by looting gear, finding collectables, and hunting dangerous animals
* Beekeeping, Hunting, Collectables, Gun Running - Varied money making methods.
* More Stamina - No unlimited stamina silliness, but still much more than vanilla.
* Varied Zombies, mostly vanilla, military zombies are tougher!
* Custom Trader Locations
* Incredibly helpful, mature and chill community.
Join us on discord - Come hang out, or check out some more information! https://discord.com/invite/MjxeTeC
submitted by hycronh
to DayZServers [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 03:08 phDiva2 HelloFresh meal free box
submitted by phDiva2
to referralcodes [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 02:37 kayenano The Villainess Is An SS+ Rank Adventurer: Chapter 21
[<< First] [< Previous]
Juliette Contzen is a lazy, good-for-nothing princess. Overshadowed by her siblings, she's left with little to do but nap, read … and occasionally cut the falling raindrops with her sword. Spotted one day by an astonished adventurer, he insists on grading Juliette's swordsmanship, then promptly has a mental breakdown at the result.
Soon after, Juliette is given the news that her kingdom is on the brink of bankruptcy. At threat of being married off, the lazy princess vows to do whatever it takes to maintain her current lifestyle, and taking matters into her own hands, escapes in the middle of the night in order to restore her kingdom's finances.
Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Action, Fantasy, Copious Ohohohohos.
Chapter 21: Arcane Nature
Her moonlit scythe trailing behind her golden hair, Coppelia wore an expression of undiluted enthusiasm as she violently swung her weapon in a brilliant crescent. Once again, Marina was forced to defend herself against the sudden assault.
And just like that—
Coppelia was sent hurtling into a second hole, right beside the one she'd just created. The wall welcomed her back to an explosion of stone before the scene was completely engulfed in dust yet again.
My mouth still hadn't closed yet.
What … What was that?!
What was anything?!
Coppelia … ! She had a scythe! A scythe
A tool for harvesting crops! A companion of peasants! A sigil of poverty!
Except this was not some farming apparatus for harvesting wheat! It was … It was huge! And glowing! And she'd … summoned
it into existence!
And now she was stuck in a wall! … Again!
“C … Coppelia?!”
I called out towards the thick cloud of debris, my head only now catching up with the fact that our opponent, Marina Lainsfont, was also equally ridiculous. So much so that I could now remember her name!
I only remembered the names of the wealthy or the influential!
Yet even if I knew she was responsible for the Withering, little could have prepared me for the magic she wielded. To witness her immaculate spellcasting was to witness my first split end. That same sense of astonishment and disgust welled up inside me as I realised the mage before me sought to end my carefree lifestyle.
If Marina's fire magic damaged even a single hair on my head, then it'd be hours
before I could laugh at anyone again!
This opponent … was dangerous!
[Fiery Absolution], [Molten Barrier], [Conflagration Nova]. I had no idea where these spells stood among a mage's repertoire, but I knew the Mage's Guild adored ranking their abilities based solely on what sounded the most impressive.
Anything with names like these could only be exceptionally high level abilities, capable of ruining hours of torturous hairstyling in moments!
And Coppelia had just received Marina's attacks in full! … Twice!
“H … How dare you strike back at my future attendant!” I called out to Marina, her hands enveloped with fire once again. “Not only is her fluffy hair one of her best features, but if a member of my personal entourage attacks you, it is illegal to defend yourself!”
The mage frowned, her heavy breathing evident as her eyes looked between the second cloud of dust and the sword I held in my hand.
“Ugh, two pests in a closed space,” she said, her palms raised in a cauldron of flame. “[Flight], [Cloud Step] and [Portal] restricted. If that ridiculous scythe suddenly appears in front of me again, I won't be able to—”
“Understood! ... [Moonlit Flutter]!”
The dust was still falling off her shoulders when Coppelia's form flashed in front of Marina again. Neither her enthusiastic smile had faded, nor the keenness of her scythe as it trailed behind while cleaving the air.
Marina, however, simply smirked.
She clicked her fingers.
Suddenly, every loose shard of rock in the chamber shot towards the mage—including the larger chunks resulting from the two craters behind Coppelia.
They zipped past the clockwork doll as well as into her, slamming into her back and sending her hurtling over Marina's head. The scythe twisted in the air, slicing at a strand of hazelnut hair as the mage tilted her head.
As Coppelia acrobatically flipped in the air and landed gracefully on her feet, she turned to witness the ribbons of stone shards now enveloping the mage.
Stone shards which then burst into flame.
In moments, the temperature of the chamber rapidly rose. And then Marina disappeared.
In her place stood a vortex of fire. A twisting tornado which caused the edge of the basin of water to literally melt away. Bubbles of boiling water were sighted before being hidden by a plume of steam. The air whistled with the sound of lashing flames as a tornado of burning shards sharper than daggers stood between Coppelia and I.
And it wasn't content to merely stand for long.
That tornado—headed straight towards Coppelia.
Such a deadly whirlwind of primal earth and magic! If Coppelia was swept up in it, she'd surely be torn to pieces! Even thinking about it caused my stomach to lurch!
Why, if her workshop demanded reparations from me, I'd be bankrupt for life!
I had to act … if not to save her, then at least take advantage of her heroic death!
“Don't worry, Coppelia! I won't let your sacrifice be in vain!”
“Hey! I'm not sacrificing myself, okay? Look at me, I'm fine!”
Coppelia wore an expression of unmatched optimism, waving her arms and flicking her feet despite the extensive smattering of dust and grime to her face.
I was deeply moved. What valour, to pretend to be perfectly fine even as she was so clearly offering her life to give me an opening!
Brandishing my sword, I stepped towards the cyclone.
Powerful though it may be, what was a tornado, but a gust of wind? Compared to the gale which slammed against my tower as I slept, this was but a parlour trick. I was a child of winter, and I was born beneath a thunderstorm. Neither the wind nor anything it carried could daunt me … or the fragile dresses I braved in the name of high fashion!
Whether rain or stone, I would disperse anything that tried!
My dignity depended on it!
“I'll avenge you, fair clockwork maiden!” I solemnly vowed, raising my sword over my head. “A whisper woven in spring, comes the butterf
“Nooope!” said Coppelia, startling me by suddenly appearing by my side. Her hand lowered my arm. “I definitely don't need to tag you in today!”
“C-Coppelia! You're alive!”
“I've barely done anything! Stop trying to kill me off already!”
With an assured look, she readied her scythe behind her, then lowered her posture like a cat ready to pounce.
The tornado had now turned towards us, and was no longer merely swirling death, but spitting it too. Two jets of flame spread out like the wings of a phoenix, carrying it forward as it swept directly over … no, through
the basin of water.
The water bubbled as it parted, a deep, boiling fissure lying in the tornado's wake as steam filled up the chamber.
That's when Coppelia wore her zaniest smirk yet.
“Time for another plunge, I think.”
She leapt off, that moonlit blade almost seeming to scatter stardust behind it as she twisted fully in the air, before landing
on the chamber's ceiling.
It ... It was ridiculous!
Shards of molten rock shot after her as she dashed, her scythe dragging into the ceiling to keep her anchored. Huge chunks of flaming rock the size of small boulders hurled themselves at her. She turned and twisted past them all, skipping deftly as she propelled herself onwards.
As Coppelia neared the inferno tornado, a sheer wall of molten stone was formed using every rock and shard available. Encompassing more space than the clockwork doll could possibly avoid, the burning mass was launched at the girl whose eyes glittered from the flames approaching her.
Releasing her scythe, she twisted her body as she pushed off the ceiling, bearing down on the oncoming wall with her fashionable, rosy shoes.
Far from looking to escape, Coppelia gave a girlish, if slightly villainous laugh as she met the molten wall with all her might.
For a single instant, the flaming barrier halted.
And then went backwards as Coppelia punted it back towards the direction it came.
The force of her kick cracked it into separate chunks. Flaming pieces whizzed into the basin of water, causing jets of water to erupt over the tornado. For a moment, the mage's flames were doused just enough for Coppelia to follow through on her ridiculous strike.
Riding the largest chunk of flaming wall, she smashed it directly into the whirling tornado. The fiery gale slowed upon impact, and the clear silhouette of a shocked figure could be seen buckling underneath the force of Coppelia's driving kick.
Not allowing this chance to pass, Coppelia hopped off the wall she'd cannoned back into the mage and rotated in the air. The blade of her scythe gleamed, overpowering the diminished flames as she brought the tip down onto the tornado like a headsman's axe.
The figure beneath crumpled as Coppelia drove her scythe down. Steam overtook my entire vision. The flaming tornado disappeared into the water, utterly engulfed by the vengeful tide. The entire basin shook as it swallowed both its victims whole.
Darkness eclipsed the chamber once again.
All except where my sword's light attempted to pierce the steam.
“Owowowowowow!! Hot, hot, hot, hot!!”
And also where Coppelia landed beside me, stamping the flames from her shoes as she attempted to swipe the steam around us away.
The clockwork doll gave a sigh of relief as the flames were blown away—as was the steam as it whipped up from the ground and bundled against the cavern ceiling like a thick, marshmallow-like cloud.
Coppelia hadn't sacrificed herself. And yet I had no time to instruct her on the proper etiquette of dying heroically. Because all I could feel was horror.
The receding of the white mist revealed a lone figure rising from the now much shallower pool of water. Marina was still standing. And that wasn't the only source of my ire.
I realised with a groan that the mage's flames weren't the only light that had been extinguished from this chamber.
It was the starflower, which now lay smouldering in a black, wilted heap.
“Gosh, I forgot how much fire hurts,” said Coppelia, puffing her cheeks as she blew at her shoes. “Mostly since I'm fireproof. But I could feel my cogs getting hotter. Hey, try touching my key. How warm is it?”
“I'm not touching your key,” I replied, comforted at least in the knowledge that I could argue against any minor repair fees billed towards me. “Are you whole?”
“Almost. I think I lost a strand of hair.”
I carefully took her in, covered as she was like some seasoned chimney sweeper, then took a step away.
“In that case, you'll need to seek reparations from our assailant,” I said, nodding at the woman yet again drenched from head to toe. “As do I, if she's now responsible for the loss of an immensely rare flower.”
Coppelia smiled, her absurdly large scythe resting against her shoulder. Yet even as she relaxed, her eyes never left the figure rising from the diminished water basin.
Marina Lainsfont flicked out her hands. No jets of flames dispersed from them. Only droplets of water as she made a half-hearted attempt at shaking the water away.
“Really. I'd hoped that the key sticking from your back was a toy piece,” she said, her snapping tone easily carrying through the chamber. “A clockwork doll. A fascinating combatant to test myself against, were the conditions not wholly in your favour. Which of the workshops are you from?”
“The best one,” replied Coppelia with an unnecessary twirl of her scythe. Especially as it was near me. “How did I fare?”
Marina opened the satchel by her belt. I felt Coppelia tense.
Then, the young woman pulled out a handkerchief and dabbed her brows.
“You,” I said, illuminating her form with my raised sword. “Explain yourself. Why have you sought to bring ruin to this kingdom's fields? What goal do you hope to achieve by wishing famine on the people, and consequently, a wholly undeserved revolution on the innocent royal family?”
Marina dried her hands.
“Oh my. Such a grand tone. It's almost as if you believe you have me at your mercy.”
“Ohhohoho …” I placed my hand to my cheek. “Your magic has been spent and your flames doused. Your fate is no longer your own. The extent of your cooperation, however, will determine the number of soap bars you'll be required to create with your prodigious talents.”
Marina burst into laughter. Echoing within this chamber, it was like the cackling of a coven of witches. I frowned. Her laugh was drowning out mine.
“Spent? You believe my magic to be spent
And then, her eyes took on a deep, violet hue, so stunning that for a moment, my arm lowered Starlight Grace to better see them framed against the darkness.
I … I wanted to do that too!
Chastising the servants was unnecessary if I could simply have my eyes ominously glow in anger instead! Was this magic? Alchemy? How was this wonderfully convenient tool accessible?
“Girl,” she hissed. “The fire that was quenched is the only thing that was holding my magic in check.”
She raised her hands. And out poured magic.
Not the crimson of flames. But something deadlier. And older. Magic the colour of her eyes, crackling into the shape of a warping, twisting globe of pure energy. Violet arcs lashed around the orb as it expanded between her hands, the steam surrounding it being visibly absorbed.
“You have my congratulations,” said Marina, her tone booming, as though even her voice had been empowered. “To have dulled my flames which burn mightier than dragonfire, you have achieved a feat worthy of commemoration. And in your honour, I will now incinerate the two of you until even the earth cannot weep for your ashes. The magic you have unwittingly unleashed will now not only spell your demise, but those of the fools above as well. In your haste to prove yourselves worthy, you have sentenced the innocent to die. Speak now, for I am adjudicator of your doom, and I will hear your last words!”
I looked at the basin of water as it began to glow.
“Duck,” I replied.
“'Duck'? What do you mean—”
Coppelia ducked. As did I.
A moment later, all the arcana crystals which were hidden at the bottom of the basin lit up.
And then everything exploded.
[<< First] [< Previous]
submitted by kayenano
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 02:24 OalBlunkont TCM April Schedule, Looks Totally Awesome.
I had to do a lot of weird editing to convert it from copypasted PDF to something reddit wouldn't munge too much. I've seen a lot of these and there are a bunch I've been wanting to see for a while. God I hate PDFs. When I'm king it will be a capital offense to use them for anything other than formatting for printers. Reddit really needs to improve their formatting capabilities as well, single line spacing without making everthing look like code and columnar arranging too. These features have been available since the days of typewriters.
The Idjits don't mention the timezone to which they are referring.
SATURDAY, APRIL 1 THE EARLY YEARS 6:00 AM Beau Brummel (1924) 8:30 AM Disraeli (1929) 10:00 AM Noah’s Ark (1929) 12:00 PM The Dawn Patrol (1930) (AKA FLIGHT COMMANDER) 2:00 PM Night Nurse (1931) Seen it, Loved it, Joan Blondell and Barbara Stanwyck, Duh
3:30 PM Jewel Robbery (1932) Seen it, Loved it, William Powell and Kay Francis, Duh
What a Character Ned Sparks (interstitial) 4:45 PM Blessed Event (1932) Marlo Thomas on Loretta Young (interstitial) 6:15 PM Employee’s Entrance (1933) Waned to see it for a long time
HOW IT STARTED AND THE DAWN OF SOUND Hollywood Steps Out (1941) (cartoon) 8:00 PM The Brothers Warner (2007) Silents, Please! (interstitial) 9:45 PM The Clash of the Wolves (1925) 11:15 PM Cinema Finds Its Voice (2023) (DOCUMENTARY ABOUT SOUND IN FILM) 12:30 AM Vitaphone shorts Gus Arnheim and His Cocoanut Grove Orchestra (1927) Baby Rose Marie The Child Wonder (1929) I've seen her on the Dick Van Dyke show and Hollywood Squares and briefly in International House when I had to look her up to see that it was the same person
Lambchops (1929) (8m) Blackface and Hollywood (interstitial) 1:15 AM The Jazz Singer (1927) Will H. Hays Introduces Vitaphone (1926) (Vitaphone short) 3:00 AM Don Juan (1926) 5:00 AM Lights of New York (1928) SUNDAY, APRIL 2 WARNER JOINS A GANG 6:30 AM Little Caesar (1931) Seen it, It was OK
King for a Day (1934) 8:30 AM G-Men (1935) Seen it, It was OK
Mills Blue Rhythm Band (1933) 10:15 AM Bullets or Ballots (1936) Seen it, Loved it, Joan Blondell, Duh
Swing Cat’s Jamboree (1938) 12:00 PM Each Dawn I Die (1939) Claude Hopkins and His Band in Barber Shop Blues 2:00 PM High Sierra (1941) Cab Calloway and His Orchestra (1937) Angelica Huston on John & Walter Huston (interstitial) 4:00 PM Key Largo (1948) Racketeer Rabbit (1946) (cartoon) 6:00 PM Larceny, Inc. (1942) PRE-CODE CLASSICS AND AN EMPHASIS ON REALISM Bugsy and Mugsy (1957) (cartoon) Melanie Griffith on Jean Harlow (interstitial) 8:00 PM The Public Enemy (1933) The Scarlet Pumpernickel (1950) (cartoon) 9:45 PM Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul (1993) Laura Dern on Barbara Stanwyck (interstitial) 11:45 PM Baby Face (1933) 1:15 AM One Way Passage (1932) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION 2:45 AM Two Seconds (1932) 4:15 AM Life Begins (1932) MONDAY, APRIL 3 CHOREOGRAPHY BY BUSBY BERKELEY Seen em all, all good. I didn't know they were allowed to get as close to naked as they did in Fashions back then
5:30 AM Fashions of 1934 (1934) 7:00 AM Dames (1934) 8:45 AM Gold Diggers of 1937 (1936) MUSIC BY MAX STEINER 10:30 AM Max Steiner: Maestro of Movie Music (2021) 12:45 PM The Adventures of Mark Twain (1944) Rhapsody Rabbit (1947) (cartoon) 3:15 PM Rhapsody in Blue (1945) 5:45 PM Helen of Troy (1956) (TFF remaster) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS WILLIAM A. WELLMAN Big House Bunny (1950) (Cartoon) Special introduction by Alexander Payne 8:00 PM Safe in Hell (1931) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION Hollywood by Storm William Wellman (interstitial) 9:30 PM Heroes for Sale (1933) Seen it, It's what made me really apprecioate Aline MacMahon. I still think they had the conceits of three of four movies.
MERVYN LEROY Page Miss Glory (1936) (cartoon) 11:00 PM Page Miss Glory (1935) The Making of a Great Motion Picture (1936) 12:45 AM Anthony Adverse (1936) LLOYD BACON 3:15 AM Marked Woman (1937) 5:00 AM Cain and Mabel (1936) TUESDAY, APRIL 4 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS MYRNA LOY 6:30 AM The Great Divide (1929) Julianne Moore on Myrna Loy (interstitial) 7:45 AM The Truth About Youth (1930) I haven't seen any of these
BEBE DANIELS 9:00 AM My Past (1931) 10:15 AM The Maltese Falcon (1931) I wrote in an earlier post that the women in this one are better than the women in the remake. I stand by that.
DOLORES DEL RIO 11:45 AM Madame du Barry (1934) 1:15 PM In Caliente (1935) ANN DVORAK 2:45 PM Love is a Racket (1932) 4:00 PM Murder in the Clouds (1934) GLENDA FARRELL 5:15 PM Smart Blonde (1937) 6:30 PM Little Big Shot (1935) GINGER ROGERS Stage Door Cartoon (1944) (cartoon) Nigel Lythgoe on Ginger Rogers (interstitial) 8:00 PM 42nd Street (1933) Seen it, story is basic but I love her
An All-Colored Vaudeville Show (1935) 10:00 PM Gold Diggers of 1933 (1933) JOAN BLONDELL 11:45 PM Footlight Parade (1933) 1:45 AM Three on a Match (1932) Both of these are totally awesome
KAY FRANCIS 3:00 AM Mary Stevens, M.D. (1933) 4:30 AM I Found Stella Parish (1935) I've not seen either. Why to they have to be at the butt crack of dawn?
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS JOHN BARRYMORE Can't stand him
6:00 AM When a Man Loves (1927) 8:00 AM Svengali (1931) JOE E. BROWN 9:30 AM You Said a Mouthful (1932) Porky’s Baseball Broadcast (1940) (cartoon) 11:00 AM Elmer, the Great (1933) PAT O’BRIEN 12:30 PM Oil for the Lamps of China (1935) 2:30 PM The Great O’Malley (1937) DICK POWELL 4:00 PM Flirtation Walk (1934) 6:00 PM Gold Diggers of 1935 (1935) Can't go wrong with Busby Berkeley. I don't understand why the poster image for 42nd street has the dancers in costumes from this one though
EDWARD G. ROBINSON Buccaneer Bunny (1948) (cartoon) Chaz Palminteri on Edward G. Robinson (interstitial) 8:00 PM The Sea Wolf (1941) 9:45 PM Brother Orchid (1940) Two of his I haven't seen
PAUL MUNI 11:30 PM The Life of Emile Zola (1937) 1:45 AM The Story of Louis Pasteur (1936) I love his biopics. The rest is hit or miss
GEORGE BRENT 3:30 AM So Big! (1932) I don't know who George Brent is but its a Barbara Stanwyck movie so see it.
5:00 AM From Headquarters (1933) THURSDAY, APRIL 6 WARNER GOES TO SCHOOL 6:30 AM The Corn is Green (1945) 8:30 AM Our Miss Brooks (1957) 10:00 AM Up the Down Staircase (1967) WARNER JOINS THE TEAM 12:15 PM Jim Thorpe – All-American (1951) Baseball Bugs (1946) (cartoon) 2:15 PM The Winning Team (1952) Mary Anne Owen on Donna Reed (interstitial) 4:00 PM Trouble Along the Way (1953) 6:00 PM One on One (1977) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS MICHAEL CURTIZ Rabbit Hood (1949) (cartoon) 8:00 PM The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) I've wanted to see this for a while even though Errol Flynn didn't impress me in Captain Blood.
Sons of Liberty (1939) (directed by Michael Curtiz) 10:00 PM Life with Father (1947) Seen it, Loved it. I've not seen a bad William Powell movie.
WILLIAM WYLER William Wyler Father and Filmmaker (interstitial) 12:15 AM Jezebel (1938) 2:15 AM The Letter (1940) ARCHIE MAYO 4:00 AM Bordertown (1935) 5:45 AM The Life of Jimmy Dolan (1933) FRIDAY, APRIL 7 WARNER LEARNS TO READ 7:15 AM Moby Dick (1930) 8:45 AM The Old Man and the Sea (1958) Molly Haskell on King Vidor (interstitial) 10:15 AM The Fountainhead (1949) Classic example of why should watch the movie before reading the book to avoid disappointment.
WARNER STUDIES HISTORY 12:15 PM When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1971) 2:00 PM The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (1939) The Declaration of Independence (1938) (short) 4:15 PM Alexander Hamilton (1931) 5:30 PM The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936) A STUDIO THAT TAKESASTAND What’s Opera, Doc? (1957) (cartoon) 8:00 PM They Won’t Forget (1937) Special introduction by Martin Scorsese 10:00 PM Storm Warning (1951) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION 12:00 AM Confessions of a Nazi Spy (1939) 2:00 AM I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang (1932) Not Muni's best
4:00 AM The Mayor of Hell (1933) SATURDAY, APRIL 8 WARNER COMES OF AGE 6:00 AM Wild Boys of the Road (1933) Mostly good, some implausibilities
7:30 AM Kings Row (1942) A Mutt in a Rut (1959) (cartoon) 10:00 AM Good-Bye, My Lady (1956) 11:45 AM Splendor in the Grass (1961) 2:00 PM The Learning Tree (1969) 4:00 PM Summer of ’42 (1971) 6:00 PM A Little Romance (1979) WARNER AT WAR Carrotblanca (1995) (cartoon) Patricia Clarkson on Ingrid Bergman (interstitial) 8:00 PM Casablanca (1942) No praise I could heap upon it that hasn't been done before.
Tony Curtis on Cary Grant (interstitial) 10:00 PM Destination Tokyo (1943) 12:30 AM Objective, Burma (1945) 3:00 AM This is the Army (1943) 5:15 AM Across the Pacific (1942) SUNDAY, APRIL 9 WARNER FINDS RELIGION 7:00 AM The Green Pastures (1936) Seen it, It certainly has more than it's fair share of black stereotypes, even for it's day. I wonder if this is an accurate representation of rural vs urban blacks. I'd love to know what the black press of the day thought about it.
9:00 AM Sergeant York (1941) Easter Yeggs (1947) (cartoon) What a Character Beulah Bondi (interstitial) 11:30 AM One Foot in Heaven (1941) 1:30 PM The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima (1952) Vanessa Redgrave on Fred Zinnemann (interstitial) 3:15 PM The Nun’s Story (1959) 6:00 PM Oh, God! (1977) Saw it in theaters, it was cute
THE POSTWAR YEARS AND THE TELEVISION ERA A Star is Bored (1956) (cartoon) Above Limitations: George Cukor (interstitial) 8:00 PM A Star is Born (1954) Special introduction by Robyn Sklaren and Daphne Dentz 11:15 PM A Lion is in the Streets (1953) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION 1:00 AM A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) 3:15 AM The FBI Story (1959) MONDAY, APRIL 10 SHOT AT TEDDINGTON, WARNER’S BRITISH STUDIOS 6:00 AM Crime Unlimited (1935) 7:15 AM Something Always Happens (1934) 8:30 AM Crown vs. Stevens (1936) 9:45 AM Mr. Cohen Takes a Walk ( AKA FATHERTAKE SAWALK ) (1936) 11:15 AM Jack L. Warner The Last Mogul (1993) PRODUCED BY HAMMER, DISTRIBUTED BY WARNER 1:15 PM The Curse of Frankenstein (1957) 2:45 PM Frankenstein Must be Destroyed (1970) Hair-Raising Hare (1946) (cartoon) 4:30 PM Dracula has Risen from the Grave (1969) 6:15 PM Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS JOHN HUSTON 14 Carrot Rabbit (1952) (cartoon) Men in Crisis The Films of John Huston (interstitial) 8:00 PM The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) 10:45 PM In This Our Life (1943) RAOUL WALSH 12:30 AM The True Adventures of Raoul Walsh (2014) ( DOC UMENTARY ) 2:30 AM The Roaring Twenties (1939) WILLIAM DIETERLE 4:30 AM Juarez (1939) 6:45 AM Dr. Ehrlich’s Magic Bullet (1940) TUESDAY, APRIL 11 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS PRISCILLA LANE 8:30 AM Yes, My Darling Daughter (1939) 10:15 AM Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) This is what you get when you send Capra out with out Riskin and Swerling, not very good. They couldn't even get Boris Karloff to play the guy who looks like Boris Karloff.
IDA LUPINO Lee Grant on Ida Lupino (interstitial) 12:30 PM Out of the Fog (1941) 2:30 PM The Hard Way (1943) MARY ASTOR 4:30 PM Scandal The Trial of Mary Astor (2018) 6:00 PM The Great Lie (1941) BETTE DAVIS Tweety’s S.O.S. (1951) (cartoon) Meryl Streep on Bette Davis (interstitial) 8:00 PM Now, Voyager (1942) 10:15 PM Dark Victory (1939) OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND Special introduction by Wes Anderson 12:15 AM The Strawberry Blonde (1941) 2:30 AM Princess O’Rourke (1943) ANN SHERIDAN 4:15 AM City for Conquest (1940) 6:15 AM Nora Prentiss (1947) WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS, JR. 8:15 AM Union Depot (1932) He should have done more of this instead of trying to step into his dad's shoes
9:30 AM Parachute Jumper (1933) JOHN GARFIELD 11:15 AM They Made Me a Criminal (1939) 1:00 PM Air Force (1943) CLAUDE RAINS Sir John Gielgud on Claude Rains (interstitial) 3:15 PM Passage to Marseille (1944) 5:15 PM Mr. Skeffington (1944) JAMES CAGNEY Bugs and Thugs (1954) (cartoon) George C. Scott on James Cagney (interstitial) 8:00 PM White Heat (1949) Blackface and Hollywood (interstitial) Yankee Doodle Daffy (1943) (cartoon) 10:30 PM Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) ERROL FLYNN 12:45 AM Gentleman Jim (1942) 2:45 AM The Sea Hawk (1940) GEORGE RAFT 5:00 AM Manpower (1941) 6:45 AM Background to Danger (1943) THURSDAY, APRIL 13 WARNER LEARNS TO DRIVE 8:15 AM The Crowd Roars (1932) 9:45 AM They Drive by Night (1940) There Auto Be a Law (1953) (cartoon) 11:30 AM Greased Lightning (1977) WARNER LEARNS TO FLY 1:30 PM The Dawn Patrol (1938) Jet Jockeys in Love The Making of Chain Lightning (TCM original) 3:15 PM Chain Lightning (1950) Go Fly a Kit (1957) (cartoon) 5:30 PM The Spirit of St. Louis (1957) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS JOHN FORD Drip-Along Daffy (1951) (cartoon) Meet John Ford (interstitial) 8:00 PM The Searchers (1956) 10:15 PM Sergeant Rutledge (1960) ELIA KAZAN The Immigrant Experience (interstitial) 12:15 AM America, America (1963) 3:15 AM The Arrangement (1969) FRIDAY, APRIL 14 WARNER JOINS THE BAND Michael Douglas on Kirk Douglas (interstitial) 6:00 AM Young Man with a Horn (1950) 8:00 AM Blues in the Night (1941) 9:30 AM Sparkle (1976) WARNER RUNS FOR OFFICE 11:30 AM Kisses for My President (1964) 1:30 PM Flamingo Road (1949) 3:30 PM The Candidate (1972) Ballot Box Bunny (1951) (cartoon) 5:30 PM A Face in the Crowd (1957) EARLY CINEMASCOPE Sahara Hare (1955) (cartoon) Special introduction by Martin Scorsese 8:00 PM The Land of the Pharaohs (1955) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION Peter and Jane Fonda on Henry Fonda (interstitial) 10:00 PM Mister Roberts (1955) At least it has a happy ending where they sent him to live on a farm where he lives to this day.
SHOT FOR 3D Prince Albert on Grace Kelly (interstitial) 12:15 AM Dial M for Murder (1954) 2:15 AM House of Wax (1953) Saw it in a re-released theatrical 3D showing. It was as unimpressive then as it is now.
4:00 AM The Bounty Hunter (1954) SATURDAY, APRIL 15 WARNER GETS SCARED 5:30 AM Doctor X (1932) What a Character: Frank McHugh (interstitial) 7:00 AM The Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) Good Morning, Eve (1934) (short) Ant-Pasted (1953) (cartoon) 9:00 AM Them! (1954) I thought this was American International or some such
The Haunted Mouse (1941) (cartoon) 11:00 AM The Bad Seed (1956) 1:30 PM Dead Ringer (1964) 3:30 PM What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (1962) 6:00 PM Wait Until Dark (1967) WARNER LOOKS TO BROADWAY FOR INSPIRATION That was a bad idea.
Lumber Jerks (1955) (cartoon) 8:00 PM My Fair Lady (1964) 11:00 PM The Music Man (1962) 1:45 AM Gypsy (1962) 4:15 AM Camelot (1967) SUNDAY, APRIL 16 WARNER TURNS TO CRIME 8:00 AM The Petrified Forest (1936) Saw it. It was OK. I was never a Leslie Howard fan and Bette Davis while more natural here than in most movies was not convincing as a girl still in or barely out of her teens.
9:30 AM Dark Passage (1947) 11:30 AM Crime Wave (1954) Bullitt: Anatomy of a Car Chase (TCM original) 1:00 PM Bullitt (1968) 3:30 PM The Yakuza (1974) 5:30 PM Dog Day Afternoon (1975) Saw it in the theater, barely remember it
WARNER BROTHERS LEADSAREVOLUTION IN FILMMAKING Rabbit Fire (1951) (cartoon) Paul Newman on Elizabeth Taylor (interstitial) 8:00 PM Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) 10:30 PM Cool Hand Luke (1967) 12:45 AM The Wild Bunch (1969) 3:15 AM Petulia (1968) 5:15 AM The Fox (1968) MONDAY, APRIL 17 BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD – WARNER BROTHERS ANIMATED FEATURES 7:15 AM Gay Purr-ee (1962) 8:45 AM Treasure Island (1973) 10:30 AM The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964) Saw it a long time ago on TV. IIRC it's a strange story about a guy who neglects his girlfriend for his fish, falls off a pier and turns into a fish and makes noises to mis-direct torpedoes from German U-boats.
THE RAT PACK AT WARNER BROTHERS Swooner Crooner (1944) (cartoon) 12:30 PM Oceans 11 (1960) 3:00 PM 4 for Texas (1963) Nancy Sinatra on Frank Sinatra (interstitial) 5:15 PM Robin and the 7 Hoods (1964) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS HOWARD HAWKS Bugs Bunny Rides Again (1948) (cartoon) Special introduction by Martin Scorsese 8:00 PM Rio Bravo (1959) TELEVISION PREMIERE OFNEW RESTORATION IN PARTNER SHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION Peter Bogdanovich on Howard Hawks (interstitial) 10:30 PM The Big Sleep (1946) ALFRED HITCHCOCK Zipping Along (1953) (cartoon) 1:00 AM Strangers on a Train (1951) 3:00 AM I Confess (1953) VINCENT SHERMAN 5:00 AM All Through the Night (1942) 7:00 AM Old Acquaintance (1943) TUESDAY, APRIL 18 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS JOAN LESLIE 9:00 AM The Male Animal (1942) 10:45 AM Two Guys from Milwaukee (1946) VIRGINIA MAYO 12:15 PM Colorado Territory (1949) 2:00 PM The West Point Story (1950) JANE WYMAN 4:00 PM Johnny Belinda (1948) The Last Hungry Cat (1961) (cartoon) 6:00 PM Stage Fright (1950) JOAN CRAWFORD Duck Amuck (1953) (cartoon) Ann Blyth on Joan Crawford (interstitial) 8:00 PM Mildred Pierce (1945) 10:15 PM Joan Crawford: The Ultimate Movie Star (2002) LAUREN BACALL Gregory Peck on Lauren Bacall (interstitial) 12:00 AM To Have and Have Not (1944) 2:00 AM Harper (1966) GERALDINE FITZGERALD 4:15 AM Watch on the Rhine (1943) 6:15 AM Nobody Lives Forever (1946) WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS SYDNEY GREENSTREET 8:00 AM The Mask of Dimitrios (1944) 10:00 AM Three Strangers (1946) RONALD REAGAN 12:00 PM Knute Rockne – All-American (1940) 2:00 PM The Hasty Heart (1949) Seen it, Liked it, but I think it was a play first. It's got that one set feel.
PAUL HENREID Monica Henreid on Paul Henreid (interstitial) 3:45 PM Between Two Worlds (1944) 5:45 PM Deception (1946) HUMPHREY BOGART Slick Hare (1947) (cartoon) How Bogart Became a Star (interstitial) 8:00 PM Black Legion (1937) 10:00 PM The Maltese Falcon (1941) Watch the original for the women, this one for the men.
TAB HUNTER 12:00 AM Tab Hunter Confidential (2015) 1:45 AM Battle Cry (1955) PETER LORRE 4:30 AM The Beast with Five Fingers (1946) 6:00 AM The Verdict (1946) THURSDAY, APRIL 20 WARNER GOES TO COURT 7:30 AM Dust be My Destiny (1939) 9:00 AM The Wrong Man (1956) 11:00 AM The Young Philadelphians (1959) WARNER GOES TO PRISON Burt Reynolds on Spencer Tracy (interstitial) 1:30 PM 20,000 Years in Sing Sing (1932) I remember seeing it but nothing else
3:00 PM San Quentin (1937) 4:30 PM Blackwell’s Island (1939) 6:00 PM Inside the Walls of Folsom Prison (1951) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS MARTIN SCORSESE Rabbit Seasoning (1952) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (1974) 10:15 PM Mean Streets (1973) STANLEY KUBRICK 12:15 AM Full Metal Jacket (1987) 2:30 AM A Clockwork Orange (1971) Kubrick should have learned from Billy Wilder that the best director is the one that you don't see.
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA 5:00 AM The Rain People (1969) 6:45 AM Finian’s Rainbow (1968) FRIDAY, APRIL 21 WARNER HEADS SOUTH 9:15 AM The Cabin in the Cotton (1932) 10:45 AM The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (1968) Hillbilly Hare (1950) (cartoon) 1:00 PM Ode to Billy Joe (1976) WARNER GOES WEST 3:00 PM The Oklahoma Kid (1939) 4:30 PM Dodge City (1939) 6:15 PM Along the Great Divide (1951) SEVEN ARTS COMES IN AS JACK PREPARES TO LEAVE Baby Buggy Bunny (1954) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Bonnie and Clyde (1967) Special introduction by Ethan Hawke 10:00 PM Rachel, Rachel (1968) NEWLY REMASTERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FILM FOUNDATION 12:00 AM Firecreek (1968) 2:00 AM Reflections in a Golden Eye (1967) 4:00 AM Start the Revolution Without Me (1970) SATURDAY, APRIL 22 WARNER SEEKS ADVENTURE 5:45 AM Captain Blood (1935) Meh
8:00 AM Adventures of Don Juan (1948) Captain Hareblower (1954) (cartoon) 10:00 AM Captain Horatio Hornblower (1951) 12:00 PM The Master of Ballantrae (1953) 1:30 PM The Valley of Gwangi (1969) 3:15 PM The Great Race (1965) 6:00 PM Time After Time (1979) I haven't thought if this one in ages. I have to see it again.
WARNER EMBRACESANEW HOLLYWOOD What’s Up, Doc? (1950) (cartoon) 8:00 PM All the President’s Men (1976) 10:30 PM The Exorcist (1973) Jerry Schatzberg: Reality in Focus (interstitial) 12:45 AM Scarecrow (1973) 3:00 AM Badlands (1973): Robert Duvall on Gene Hackman (interstitial) 4:45 AM Night Moves (1975) SUNDAY, APRIL 23 WARNER FALLS IN LOVE 6:30 AM A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1935) 9:00 AM All This and Heaven Too (1940) 11:30 AM A Warm December (1973) Scent-imental Romeo (1951) (cartoon) 1:30 PM Fanny (1961) 4:00 PM The Prince and the Showgirl (1957) 6:00 PM The Goodbye Girl (1977) THE SUPERHERO ERA BEGINS... Duck Dodgers in the 24 1⁄2th Century (1953) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Superman (1978) 10:30 PM Batman (1989) Both great
...AND WOMEN FINALLY HAVEASAY 12:45 AM Girlfriends (1978) 2:30 AM Cookie (1989) 4:15 AM The Brothers Warner (2007) MONDAY, APRIL 24 CULT CLASSICS 6:00 AM Untamed Youth (1957) 8:00 AM The Swarm (1978) (theatrical version) 10:00 AM Big Wednesday (1978) 12:15 PM Over the Edge (1979) 2:00 PM The Last of Sheila (1973) 4:15 PM It’s Alive (1974) 6:00 PM The Omega Man (1971) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS STEVEN SPIELBERG One Froggy Evening (1955) (cartoon) 8:00 PM The Color Purple (1985) 11:00 PM Empire of the Sun (1987) ROBERT ALTMAN 2:00 AM McCabe and Mrs. Miller (1971) 4:15 AM Countdown (1967) TUESDAY, APRIL 25 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS ALEXIS SMITH 6:00 AM Night and Day (1946) 8:30 AM San Antonio (1945) ELEANOR PARKER 10:45 AM Pride of the Marines (1945) 1:00 PM Caged (1950) CAROL BAKER 3:00 PM Baby Doll (1956) 5:00 PM Cheyenne Autumn (1964) DORIS DAY Don’t Look Now (1936) (cartoon) Is it Love or Is it Conscription (Soundie) 8:00 PM Romance on the High Seas (1948) Doris Day on Doris Day (interstitial) 10:00 PM Calamity Jane (1953) NATALIE WOOD Robert Redford on Natalie Wood (interstitial) 12:00 AM Inside Daisy Clover (1965) 2:15 AM Sex and the Single Girl (1964) PATRICIA NEAL 4:15 AM Bright Leaf (1950) 6:15 AM The Breaking Point (1950) WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 STUDIO CONTRACT PLAYERS JACK CARSON 8:00 AM Roughly Speaking (1945) 10:00 AM John Loves Mary (1949) JAMES GARNER 11:45 AM Up Periscope (1959) 1:45 PM Cash McCall (1960) TROY DONAHUE 3:30 PM A Summer Place (1959) 5:45 PM Rome Adventure (1962) JAMES DEAN Walky Talky Hawky (1946) (cartoon) Special introductions by Joanna Hogg and Wes Anderson 8:00 PM East of Eden (1955) 10:15 PM Rebel Without a Cause (1955) 12:15 AM Giant (1956) 3:45 AM Return to Giant (1996) 4:45 AM George Stevens: A Filmmaker’s Journey (1984) THURSDAY, APRIL 27 WARNER GETS MARRIED What a Character: William Frawley (interstitial) 6:45 AM The Bride Came C.O.D. (1941) What a Character: Hattie McDaniel (interstitial) 8:30 AM Janie Gets Married (1946) 10:15 AM June Bride (1948) WARNER RAISESAFAMILY 12:00 PM Room for One More (1952) 1:45 PM Four Daughters (1938) Feed the Kitty (1952) (cartoon) 3:30 PM Spencer’s Mountain (1963) 5:30 PM The Sundowners (1960) GREAT DIRECTORS AT WARNER BROTHERS CLINT EASTWOOD The Three Little Bops (1957) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Bird (1988) 11:00 PM Unforgiven (1992) ALAN J. PAKULA 1:30 AM Klute (1971) 3:30 AM Rollover (1981) SIDNEY LUMET 5:30 AM Bye Bye Braverman (1968) 7:15 AM Deathtrap (1982) FRIDAY, APRIL 28 WARNER GOESALITTLE BIT COUNTRY 9:15 AM Every Which Way But Loose (1978) 11:15 AM Honeysuckle Rose (1980) WARNER GOESALITTLE BIT ROCK ‘N ROLL Kurt Russell on Elvis Presley (interstitial) 1:30 PM This is Elvis (1981) 3:30 PM The Song Remains the Same (1976) 6:00 PM Jimi Hendrix (1973) WARNER BROTHERS REINVENTS THE CONCERT FILM... Long-Haired Hare (1949) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Woodstock The Director’s Cut (1970) ...AND VENTURES INTO BLAXPLOITATION The Best of Blaxploitation (interstitial) 12:00 AM Super Fly (1972) 2:00 AM Black Belt Jones (1974) 3:30 AM Cleopatra Jones (1973) 5:00 AM Black Samson (1974) SATURDAY, APRIL 29 WARNER HAS SOME FUN What a Character: Edward Brophy (interstitial) 6:30 AM A Slight Case of Murder (1938) What a Character: Guy Kibbee (interstitial) 8:00 AM The Horn Blows at Midnight (1945) What a Character: Mary Wickes (interstitial) 9:30 AM The Man Who Came to Dinner (1942) 11:30 AM No Time for Sergeants (1958) 1:45 PM Auntie Mame (1958) 4:15 PM What’s Up, Doc? (1972) 6:00 PM The In-Laws (1979) INTIMATE STORIES BREAK THROUGH My Bunny Lies Over the Sea (1948) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Local Hero (1983) 10:00 PM Crossing Delancey (1988) 12:00 AM Torch Song Trilogy (1988) 2:30 AM Running on Empty (1988) 4:30 AM The Great Santini (1979) SUNDAY, APRIL 30 WARNER SEEKS THE TRUTH 6:30 AM Sunrise at Campobello (1960) 9:00 AM A Cry in the Dark (1988) Tortoise Beats Hare (1941) (cartoon) 11:30 AM Chariots of Fire (1981) 2:00 PM The Right Stuff (1983) 5:30 PM The Killing Fields (1984) AND THE TRADITION CONTINUES, WHERE EVERY STORY MATTERS Rabbit of Seville (1950) (cartoon) 8:00 PM Malcolm X (1992) 11:30 PM Million Dollar Baby (2004) 2:00 AM Argo (2012) OVERNIGHT FEATURE 4:15 AM Going in Style (1979)
submitted by OalBlunkont
to classicfilms [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 02:22 PhantomOfKrankor42 C Team Synopsis Somewhere?
I'm running a D&D game and using the Acq Inc sourcebook. I know a bit of Acq Inc history from the original series and some live shows but at a certain point I just didn't have time for the huge amount of C Team content. I know there are synopsis videos for some of the first few campaign arcs but they stopped after awhile.
Does anyone know of a resource for catching up on the crucial plot developments for Acq Inc as a whole and the C Team, since I know they, the Dran & Courtier, and more show up in the late stages of the adventure. Any help would be appreciated!
submitted by PhantomOfKrankor42
to AcquisitionsInc [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:30 Christopherataylor Top 7 Best Christian Movies Of All Time (Spoilers)
Hello fellow believers and movie enthusiasts!
Are you looking for some inspiration and entertainment that aligns with your faith? Do you want to watch movies that celebrate the beauty and complexity of the Christian experience? Look no further! In this post, I will share with you the best Christian movies of all time - from classics to modern hits, from dramas to comedies, from independent films to blockbusters.
- The Passion of the Christ (2004) - Directed by Mel Gibson, this controversial movie depicts the last 12 hours of Jesus' life, from his arrest to his crucifixion. It's a powerful and visceral portrayal of the sacrifice and love of Jesus.
- Ben-Hur (1959) - This epic film, based on the novel by Lew Wallace, tells the story of a Jewish prince who becomes a charioteer and seeks revenge against the Roman Empire. It's a masterpiece of cinematography, acting, and storytelling that won 11 Academy Awards.
- The Ten Commandments (1956) - Directed by Cecil B. DeMille, this classic movie portrays the story of Moses, the Hebrew prophet who led his people out of slavery in Egypt. It's a spectacular and unforgettable movie that captures the grandeur and drama of the Biblical narrative.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) - Based on the novel by C.S. Lewis, this fantasy adventure movie tells the story of four siblings who enter a magical world called Narnia and help the lion Aslan defeat the evil witch. It's a beautiful and inspiring movie that celebrates the power of faith, courage, and love.
- Risen (2016) - This movie follows the story of a Roman tribune who investigates the resurrection of Jesus and becomes a believer himself. It's a fresh and thought-provoking take on the Easter story that combines historical drama with spiritual insight.
- The Shack (2017) - Based on the novel by William Paul Young, this movie tells the story of a man who meets God in a remote cabin after suffering a tragic loss. It's a moving and heartfelt movie that explores the themes of grief, forgiveness, and healing.
- God's Not Dead (2014) - This movie follows the story of a college student who defends his faith against an atheist professor. It's a bold and unapologetic movie that tackles the issues of faith, reason, and freedom of speech.
These are just a few examples of the best Christian movies of all time. There are many more that deserve to be on this list, such as Chariots of Fire, Amazing Grace, The Hiding Place, and War Room. Whether you prefer dramas, comedies, historical epics, or contemporary stories, there's a Christian movie out there that will inspire and entertain you.
So, what are your favorite Christian movies? Have you seen any of the movies on this list? Do you have any recommendations for us? Let's share our love for movies and our faith in God. Thank you for reading, and please upvote and comment if you enjoyed this post.
submitted by Christopherataylor
to TheRisenChrist [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:29 primalys [F4A] Looking for Long Term Fantasy RP Partner
Howdy all, I'm Primalycia! (Or Primalys since my name was already taken here on Reddit.) I am a 29F looking for a long term roleplay partner who is in a similar age bracket (25+). I have been roleplaying on and off for roughly fifteen years on different forums and have just recently decided to give discord a try. I am in US MT time. My posting schedule varies from one post per day to one post per week depending on my partner. Similarly, my writing style varies from 2-3 paragraph posts to 5+ depending on my partner. I prefer to write in 3rd person past-tense but I can alter my writing style accordingly.
I mostly enjoy adventure roleplays but am not opposed to adding in a naturally budding romance between our characters, but a romantic relationship should not be the main goal. I have absolutely zero
interest in writing explicit scenes.
- 10,000 Years B.C. - This idea is pretty open ended on the amounts of fantasy vs. realism. I'm thinking of tribal warfare and a lot of survival elements. However, we could add in aspects of magic, mythical beasts, or even dinosaurs. There is a lot of flexibility available with the premise. (Think: One Million Years B.C., Genndy Tartokovsky's Primal, Alpha, Far Cry Primal, etc.)
- Beasts & Bandits - I was thinking of a story that has a fair amount of sea-fairing within it. Characters could venture between islands and different lands meeting different kinds of people and different kinds of monsters. Maybe one of our characters is a monster, themselves? This premise has plenty of opportunities for different plots and adventures. (Think: Sinbad, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Odyssey, etc.)
If you are interested in any of these or have an idea that you think I'd be interested in based on these prompts, feel free to shoot me a direct message or chat.
submitted by primalys
to Roleplay [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:23 mythologicalaccords The Lights of Arda - The Two Lamps→The Two Trees→The Silmarils→The Moon & Sun
Disclaimer: The following information requires an open mind and the ability to think outside the box regarding Tolkien's Legendarium. In no way is this trying to convey "this is what Tolkien thought of in his writing." The theories are to support the lore he provided to the sciences of our World. An imagination is necessary just as Tolkien envisioned his World. The Lights of Arda
Birth of the Theory
- Ormal the High Gold: Neptune
- Illuin the Sky Blue: Uranus (Sky Blue)
- Telperion the Silver Garland: Saturn (Silver & Ring)
- Laurelin the Singing Gold: Jupiter (Golden Orange)
- Silmaril of Water: Mars (Rivers & Lakes)
- Silmaril of Sky: Venus (The Morning Star)
- Silmaril of Soil: Mercury (Scorching Fire)
- Ithil: Moon (Light of the Night)
- Anar: Sun (Light of the Day)
This working theory has been the driving force in my adventure to match
Tolkien's Legendarium to the Mythologies of our World and the Solar System we share today. In 2022, the lightbulb moment came when imagining the Two Trees as Jupiter the Golden Tree and Saturn the White Tree. Re-convening with the knowledge that the Star of Eärendil is Venus the Morning Star, would it be so far to imagine that the light used to create the Silmaril of Venus was used from an Outer Planet? And there it was, the etymologies of Laurelin the Singing Gold & Telperion the Silver Garland. Jupiter the Golden (Orange Fruit) and Saturn the Silver (White Flower). The Two Lamps of the Poles Theory (Negating the Flat Earth.. Sorry)
After delving into the Mythologies supporting the Two Trees theory, a couple weeks later the idea that the Two Lamps could be Planets as well made me fall from my seat. The Two Lamps were built on high pillars of ice in the North and South of Middle-earth. What are the two furthest Planets in our Solar System? Ice Giants. Illuin the Sky Blue (Uranus) & Ormal the High Gold (Neptune). They were wrought upon the Poles of our Earth (Tolkien's Flat Earth theory doesn't hold here), the Arctic & Antarctic standing north and south of Middle-earth (Laurasia of the North & Gondwana of the South). When Melkor assailed the Lamps, he melted the massive pillars (Glaciers) supporting the Planets providing light for the Earth and the Arctic Ocean (Sea of Helcar) and Southern Ocean (Sea of Ringil) were created. The Two Trees of America Theory
The Light from the Lamps were used for the Two Trees (Gas Giants) on the Hill of Ezellohar (Colorado Plateau, Four Corners Region of Colorado, Utah, Arizona & New Mexico). In this region the Navajo hold the Legend of the Four Sacred Peaks marking the boundaries of their Homeland. The Sacred Mountain of the East is White...
"Blanca Peak is known to the Navajo people as the Sacred Mountain of the East: Sisnaajiní (or Tsisnaasjiní), the Dawn or White Shell Mountain. The mountain is considered to be the eastern boundary of the Dinetah, the traditional Navajo homeland. It is associated with the color white, and is said to be covered in daylight and dawn and fastened to the ground with lightning. It is gendered male." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanca_Peak#History
And the Sacred Mountain(s) of the West is Yellow...
"The San Francisco Peaks have considerable religious significance to thirteen local American Indian tribes (including the Havasupai, Navajo, Hopi, and Zuni.) In particular, the peaks form the Navajo sacred mountain of the west, called Dookʼoʼoosłííd. The peaks are associated with the color yellow, and they are said to contain abalone inside, to be secured to the ground with a sunbeam, and to be covered with yellow clouds and evening twilight. They are gendered female." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Peaks#In_native_culture
Arien. Perhaps the Two Trees (Gas Giants) were built on top of these Peaks. Where we have the Grand Canyon could very well be the disaster when Ungoliant assailed the Two Trees with Melkor by her side. Furthermore look at the Flags of Arizona & Colorado. Arizona where the Sun shines with Colorado where the Moon gleams in the Yellow C Crescent. The Three Silmarils Theory
The Three Silmarils were created by Fëanor, stolen by Melkor where he wrought them into his Iron Crown. Knowing then that the Silmarils are our Terrestrial Planets, what looks like an Iron Crown in terms of our Solar System compared to our Terrestrial Planets? The Asteroid Belt with it's Iron-enriched Asteroids. The Planets were probably lost gathering material within the Belt (Iron Crown) of Morgoth. Venus was rescued
by Beren (Adonis) & Luthien (Aphrodite the Mortal). Given to Thingol (Epimetheus), given to Dior and given to Eärendil (Odysseus). Worn by Elwing (Penelope), then back to Eärendil who was set as a Star in the Sky, the Morning Star (Venus). Maedhros & Maglor's Silmarils were stolen
from the Belt (Iron Crown) of Morgoth where it burned their hands. Maedhros threw himself into a fiery pit (Possibly Mecury where it scorches beside the Sun) and Maglor threw himself into the Sea (Possibly Mars after finding out it used to have Water). Life & Destruction
- All of these lights of Arda had been used to light the Earth. There is zero evidence on how our Planets formed and set out into Space within our Solar System. Imagining the Planets beginning as smaller spheres within the Earth may not be such a wild idea. They had different names when providing light for Arda because they were hallowed by the Valar (Nature). When Melkor assailed these Lights, they were broken.. desolate.. uninhabitable wastelands sent out beyond Earth. The Two Lamps became Ice Giants, the Two Trees became Gas Giants and the Three Silmarils became Terrestrial Planets. The Planets, Moon & Sun Around Arda
- Ormal the High Gold Remembered in Sindarin As Nenar (Neptune)
- Illuin the Sky Blue Remembered in Sindarin As Luinil (Uranus)
- Telperion the Silver Garland Remembered in Sindarin As Lumbar (Saturn)
- Laurelin the Singing Gold Rememberd in Sindarin As Silindo (Jupiter)
- Silmaril of Water Remembered in Sindarin As Carnil (Mars)
- Silmaril of Sky Remembered As the Star of Eärendil (Venus)
- Silmaril of Soil Remembered in Sindarin As Elemmire (Mercury)
- Ithil: Moon (Light of the Night)
- Anar: Sun (Light of the Day)
submitted by mythologicalaccords
to tolkienfans [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:19 404410402 I took the IPIP-300 and it's kinda bad, seeking advice
Hello, I have just taken the questionnaire and most of my scores seem pretty concerning, I have low extraversion, conscientousness, agreableeness, whereas I'm high on openness and neuroticism.
I find low C and A especially discouraging.
I'm kind of looking for guidance, advice and your opinions. Am I doomed? What can I do in order to try to change these scores for the better or make them work for me, what kind of career I should potentially go in?etc.
The scores I got:
Extraversion- 31st percentile (low):
- Activity- 92nd (extremely high)
- Cheerfullness- 10th (extremely low)
- Excitement Seeking - 76th (very high)
- Friendliness-13th (very low)
- Gregariousness-17th (very low)
Agreableeness- 24th percentile (very low):
- Altruism- 16th (very low)
- Cooperation-24th (very low)
- Modesty- 90th (very high)
- Morality- 18th (very low)
- Sympaty-36th (low)
- Trust- 7th (extremely low)
Conscientousness- 24th percentile (very low):
- Achievement striving- 22nd (very low)
- Cautiousness- 44th (about averge)
- Dutifulness- 56th (about averge)
- Orderlines- 10th (extremely low)
- Self-discipline- 30th (low)
- Self-Efficacy- 37th (low)
Neuroticism- 76th percentile (very high):
- Anger- 63rd (high)
- Anxiety-82nd (very high)
- Depression- 99th (extremely high)
- Immoderation- 36th (low)
- Self-Consiousness-33rd (low)
- Vulnerability- 62nd (high)
Openness-95th percentile (extremely high)
- Adventurousness- 95th (extremely high)
- Artistic interest- 92nd (extremely high)
- Emotionality- 16th (very low)
- Imagination-95th (extremely high)
- Intellect- 95th (extremely high)
submitted by 404410402
to BigFive [link] [comments]
2023.04.01 01:16 2855204 Which one?
2023.04.01 00:56 dragon_morgan I completed a bingo card with all indie/self published titles!
| || | submitted by dragon_morgan to Fantasy [link] [comments]
bingo card in all its glory
For Bingo this year I thought it would be fun to complete a card using only self- or indie-published books. By definition of indie published I mostly mean anything that uses KDP or Ingram Spark or similar as their main distributor, but if someone from a very small trad press managed to sneak through my filter consider this covering my bum and saying I picked things that were indie “enough” :)
So then, without further ado, the mini reviews! A Book from Fantasy
’s Top LGBTQIA List Substitution, but within the spirit of the thing: School Setting (2020) The Enchanter by Tobias Begley Hard Mode: N/A
Came up against a challenge on the very first square because the only indie published book on the somewhat limited list was Arcane Ascension, which I’d already read, and didn’t really want to use my one reread on that. So I started looking around for other LGBTQ books to use as my substitution and ended up picking up Enchanter, which turned out to be… a lot like Arcane Ascension, actually. Evander is a socially awkward young gay man who is off to magic school to become an enchanter. What he lacks in raw magical ability he makes up for in determination and cleverness, and he spends much of the book pushing the magic system to its absolute limit, all while meanwhile navigating a budding first romance with the handsome nobleman he met on the train. Meanwhile someone is letting eldritch horrors into the school grounds, and it’s up to Evander and his new boyfriend to figure out the mystery and avoid taking the blame themselves. I enjoyed this book quite a lot, though it leans heavily into a lot of the tropes of both the magic school and progression fantasy genres. I’d say if you enjoyed Arcane Ascension and Mother of Learning, you will probably definitely enjoy this one too. Weird Ecology Iron Truth by S.A. Tholin Hard Mode: yes
Over a century ago, Joy Somerset entered cryogenic sleep and boarded a colony ship, expecting to awaken on an idyllic new world. Instead she wakes up on Cato, a dusty hellscape inhabited only by giant spiders, hostile locals, and red lichen that is probably definitely up to no good. Rigid and religiously devout military commander Cassimir from the theocratic Primaterre Protectorate seems like her ticket back to civilization, but neither of them will go anywhere until they can unravel Cato’s mysteries. This book won the first ever SPSFC contest and I can see why, because even though it was a somewhat long book, it kept me turning pages all the way through. Part space opera, part cosmic horror, I felt like I was racing to the end just to figure out what was going on. If I had any complaints it was that the romance felt a little bit forced — here is a hot girl, here is a hot guy, they are designated to end up together because the plot says so. In such a long book there ought to have been plenty of breathing room for their romance to grow organically but I never really felt like I got that, it was just hawtness at first sight and that was that. Still highly recommend to anyone who likes space opera. Two or More Authors NACL: Eye of the Storm by Allegra Pescatore and E. Sands Hard Mode: no
Their planet seems like a perfect paradise, with one glaring flaw: the gods, when they created the world, forgot to include salt, an ingredient necessary for human life. In order to hastily cover up their mistake, they concentrated a world’s worth of salt in a giant pillar in the middle of the ocean, intending for it to distribute over time. But humans being humans, they unfortunately invented capitalism first, and now a corrupt corporation rigidly controls the salt pillar. Thanks to a meddlesome precog who might or might not himself be a god, a ragtag crew comes together, formed of an ex corporate slave, a grumpy doctor, a pair of pirates who smuggle salt to those in need, and a woman with dangerous magical powers who’d honestly rather just be left alone. Together, they hatch a plan to take down the corporation once and for all. They have to learn to trust each other first, though, and that is easier said than done. Well all right. If you know me you know I’m a sucker for a story about a ragtag crew that has to come together to defeat the big bad. This was a great story and it really delivered in that respect. My main complaint was that there are a lot of POV characters and many of them sort of blend together in the beginning. They all have their own reasons for being angry at the corporation but when you have multiple characters whose *main* personality trait is “GRR I HATE THE COMPANY” they kind of run together for the first act until they start to distinguish themselves. My nickname for this book while I was reading it was “Salty Bitches” for a reason. For real, though, I really did enjoy this one, and if you want a nice escapist fantasy about sticking it to the corporate man, this is the book for you. Historical SFF Scales and Sensibility by Stephanie Burgis Hard Mode: no, sigh, all I had to do was find something not set in one of two countries, and guess where this one is set
When Elinor’s parents died and left her and her sisters penniless, she has no choice but to move in with her obnoxious relatives and, Cinderella-like, work as a servant for her terrible cousin. She plans to abide this with determined British stoicness until she can finally leave and become a governess or something, but if there is one thing she cannot abide, it is dragon abuse. So she finds herself running from home with a stolen dragon and only a few coins to her name, and is nearly run off the road by a handsome gentleman off to court her very same horrible cousin. And that’s when the real shenanigans begin. This book was a delight from start to finish. It is one of the finalists for this year’s SPFBO which I think is incredibly well-deserved. It shares a lot in common with its fellow finalist Miss Percy’s Pocket Guide, making 2022 evidently a big year for downtrodden British ladies hiding dragons from their terrible relatives. I recommend this one to anyone who likes cozy fantasy, regency era, and fantasy of manners. Set in Space The Last Gifts of the Universe by Rory August Hard Mode: I can’t honestly remember if the kids are from Earth or not but I’m going to go with yes, so no on the hard mode
When humans finally invented faster-than-light travel, they expected to be welcomed or mistrusted by a greater galactic community. What they found instead were hundreds of abandoned planets, remnants of a civilization wiped clean by some unknown catastrophe. Archaeologists are desperate to find out what went wrong, as are the corrupt corporations who control humanity, because what happened to one civilization could happen to ours, as well. The Last Gifts of the Universe stars Scout, a small-time independent archaeologist, and her younger brother, as they race to find precious recordings of the lost civilization before their corporate rivals can. Despite being set in the backdrop of a mystery that spans centuries and light years and potentially multiple-world-ending stakes, this story is really more about the more immediate human (and sentient-non-human) relationships of the characters. It is a story about Scout’s relationship with their brother, their complicated memories with their parents, and their growing frenemyship with the corporate soldier who wants the same things they do. It is also about Biryeena, the alien politician who lived centuries ago, leaving her recorded memories for future archaeologists to find. I enjoyed this book very much, but I think I might have enjoyed it a lot more if we were not presented with such galaxy-spanning stakes only to be told that those stakes were not the point. They could have just been ordinary space archaeologists without trying to solve Space Plague. I also wasn’t sure how I felt about the ancient alien civilization as it is presented. Making them very human-seeming made them more relatable to the reader, but I found it strained suspension of disbelief, just a little, that they would so closely follow a somewhat idealized version of modern Western civilization, in which the alien narrator goes to a four-year college, struggles to find a job upon graduation, gets married, and eventually runs for office in a vaguely democratic society. Still, I recommend this one to fans of Becky Chambers and anyone who wants a more intimate character-focused space opera. Standalone Battle Mage by Peter Flannery Hard Mode: yes
Falco Dante longs to be a dragon rider and fight the demon hordes, but unfortunately, he is shunned by his community for being a sick weakling, and worse yet, being the son of a traitor who turned against the town. But when a dragon summoning goes horribly wrong and the townsfolk are forced to flee, he learns he has the rare potential to become a battle mage, and may be the one to repair the bond between humans and dragons and defeat the demons once and for all. Of course as many of you know I love a good training montage story, as well as “battle school” types of settings. And dragon riders. I love those two. So even going in I knew this book was going to be a good time. It is long, incredibly long, but I actually admire Flannery for keeping the story contained to one book, because it could have easily been a 10 book series full of doorstoppers if he wanted to stretch things out. I did think the pacing dragged a little bit in places, the blow-by-blow battle scenes were too frequent and drawn-out for my personal tastes, and the part where they’re fleeing the town in the beginning seemed to take forever when it really didn’t need to. If you’re a fan of a lot of the classic fantasy tropes, however, this is not one to miss. Anti-Hero Where Blood Runs Gold by A.C. Cross Hard Mode: no
Errol Thorpe is your typical old west sheriff who refuses to take shit from anyone. He has his own strong moral compass, but will not hesitate to bust heads at the slightest provocation. This of course becomes both a strength and a complication when he finds himself in custody of a young woman he needs to keep safe, while also unraveling the mystery of the creepy magic dust that’s making people go crazy. This book is incredibly tightly plotted and had me eagerly turning pages all the way through. I think what I liked the most about it was the general voice to the writing, I really felt like I was getting into Sheriff Errol Thorpe’s head. If you’re a fan of gritty types of westerns like HBO’s Deadwood I think you’ll really enjoy Where Blood Runs Gold. Book Club OR Readalong Book The Wolf and the She-Bear by Morgan Stang (RAB December 2022) Hard Mode: yes :)
“Retired” mercenary Samantha Redwyne just wants a quiet peaceful life in the middle of nowhere. But when a man from her past begs her help transporting some Probably Definitely Stolen Cargo, she reluctantly agrees. Naturally, trouble follows quickly at their heels. This book was both very fast paced and also novella length so it made for a very quick read. I kind of almost wish it had been a little bit longer, though, because I would have liked to get to know the characters a bit more, given them room to breathe. I feel like we never really get to know who Samantha is as a person, and so when big reveals are made about her past, they don’t quite pack the emotional punch they’re probably meant to. There are also two male POV characters, ostensibly on opposite sides, who badly run together to me as both of their chief personality traits are “murder everyone in sight.” I did enjoy one of the minor POV characters, a would-be housewife who has turned to banditry to support her family, because it was kind of intriguing how much she tells herself she’s better than those OTHER bandits when she really, really isn’t. Ultimately this book was either just a little too short or a little too grimdark for my tastes, but it was intriguing enough I can definitely see myself reading something else of Stang’s along the way. Cool Weapon Year of the Sword books 1-3 by Dakota Krout Hard Mode: yes, the sword’s name is Sarge
okay I’m being a LITTLE bit cheaty here because what I actually read for bingo was Dokeshi March, book 3 in the series, but I feel like it makes more sense to do the mini-review of book 1, Lord January, so bear with me. This series. THIS SERIES. I’m not even really sure where to start. Many centuries ago, due to a conflict, the world was split into twelve districts, one for each month of the year. Each district has one defining trait that makes it stand out from the others. In District January, they grow all the food, and everyone is very much into eating as much as possible. The fatter you are, the more status you are perceived to have in January. February is the polar opposite, where everyone drinks wheatgrass smoothies and is obsessed with fitness. In March, everyone is into gambling, and so it goes. Our hero, Grant Leap, is ostracized from his native January District for only being a little bit fat and also being born on leap day which is a big no-no in Calendar Culture. All that changes, however, when he finds a magic talking sword, Sarge, who agrees to train him to become powerful, at a cost. If he doesn’t defeat all the calendar lords by the end of the year, his life is forfeit. If you think this premise sounds ridiculous, well, yes it is. It is 100% exactly as ridiculous as it sounds. And yet I could not for the life of me put it down. What can I say. I love training montages. This is a LitRPG-style progression fantasy with visible stat screens and leveling up, and I think it’s a fun, albeit ludicrous, addition to the genre. Unfortunately the series seems to be on hiatus currently while the author works on other projects, but I’ll definitely be continuing when it picks back up again. Revolutions and Rebellions Blade’s Edge by Virginia McClain Hard Mode: Sort of? The action is more human-focused, but they’d not get far without the rebellion
Centuries ago, Fantasy Not Quite Japan was a brutal monarchy, ruled by a violent and corrupt mage queen. After she was defeated, the pendulum swung the other way, and now women and girls are brutally subjugated, especially those who can use magic — when magic-using girls are admitted to exist at all. Mishi and Taka were best friends in their orphanage home, each dreading the day they would be separated to be sold into either servitude or a loveless and abusive marriage. As it happens, they are both taken away on the same day, though to neither of those things. When Taka’s secret magical abilities are revealed, she is shipped off to a brutal school where women with some small magical gift are taught to be healers and midwives, but not without going through a ton of abuse first. Mishi fares better, being adopted into a warrior family who works against the patriarchal government and trains women to fight in secret. Years later, the two friends meet again when Taka flees from her evil magic school and instead joins the rebellion. I quite enjoyed this book, the way the two girls’ stories diverge and then weave back together. The pacing is tight and intriguing and there was never any point where I felt bored, and yet we are also given the space to really get to know and care about the characters. I look forward to reading more from this author. Name in the Title India Bones and the Ship of the Dead by Set Sytes Hard Mode: yes
India Bones lives in a quiet portside town dreaming of a life of adventure like his famous pirate father who disappeared many years ago. His opportunity arrives when a ghost ship makes port and the ghosts and skeletons dance on the shore, and India sneaks off to join them. While he quickly finds that a ghost ship is no place for a living boy, this soon opens the door to discoveries about his past and new adventures ahead. This was a fun adventure romp, a bit disjointed as India is yanked from one misadventure to the next, but entertaining all the way through. The only slightly confusing thing about it was I was never quite sure what age group it was meant for. India himself is quite young and for a lot of the book it reads very much like a middle-grade novel, but it also has things like pre-teens getting drunk, presented uncritically. Still this made for a good pirate adventure and I plan to continue this series eventually. Author Uses Initials Heavy by J.J. Thorn Hard Mode: I’m certain I have no idea
Everyone in the kingdom dreams of being granted an affinity when they turn 16 and going off to magic school. Terrence realizes that chances are he’ll never get any affinity at all, so he’s surprised and rather alarmed when he’s given a rare and unusual one: the ability to see and manipulate weight. Rarity is all well and good, but will it help him become a dungeon-crawler like he hopes? Heavy is another magic school LitRPG progression fantasy with stats and level-ups. I seemed to be big on those this Bingo. This is another book where I’m not really sure how to write a review for it. It’s definitely rough in places; the author seems to have some interesting ideas about how punctuation works, and the truth is not a whole lot HAPPENS in this book. There are hints of some sinister goings-on in the greater dungeon-delving community, but for the most part Terrence just goes to school, stands up to bullies, makes friends, and tries to figure out how to use his unusual weight powers. But you know what, despite all that, I really enjoyed this book. It was cosy and enjoyable and made me want to go to magic school, and I look forward to reading more in this series. Published in 2022 The Blood of Crows by Alex C. Pierce Hard Mode: yes
Ren thought his days of violence and bloodshed were over when someone finally bought out his indentured servitude as a state-sanctioned thief in a brutal army unit. Unfortunately, he was wrong. When one last thieving job goes terribly wrong and his friend and mentor goes missing, Ren finds himself framed for the murders of several prominent noblewomen. Now he has to solve the mystery and clear his name before it’s too late. This was a fun book with a fast-paced plot and a lit of twisty turns that I didn’t see coming, plus a protagonist who has a strong voice and is entertaining to read about. I liked the fact that the main character doesn’t have any magic powers in a world where everyone else does. There are some other series that do that, like Codex Alera, but it’s still rare enough to be refreshing. However it does this one thing that’s fairly common in this particular “snarky guy gets in trouble” subgenre where he simply cannot catch a break, ever, and I have to wonder how he has not collapsed from exhaustion already, not to mention how he manages to survive so many beatings. Still, a fun book and a good debut, highly recommend. Urban Fantasy Oath Broken by Jarryd Smith Hard Mode: Alas, no
Once a famed monster hunter, Kaleb just wants to leave that life behind and live a normal life. But when dragged against his will to his friend’s wedding, and discovering there’s definitely something suspicious about the bridal party, he is forcefully dragged back into a life he wanted little to do with. This was an enjoyable, quick read, although I wish there were just a bit more character development as some things feel rushed and I had to scramble to remember who was who. I think this series definitely shows potential, though, and I look forward to seeing where it goes. Set in Africa The Windweaver’s Storm by Antoine Bandele Hard Mode: yes
This is the second book in the TJ Young and the Orishas series. The first one, The Gatekeeper’s Staff, takes place in the United States and therefore doesn’t qualify for the Africa bingo square, but this one takes place in Nigeria and therefore does. After getting up to all kinds of heroics at summer camp last year, TJ Young has at last been offered a place at the prestigious Ifa Academy. Unfortunately, he has a lot of challenges ahead of him as his power still behaves erratically, and he made a promise to a god that he might not be able to keep. I really enjoyed this follow-up to the first book, especially the depiction of the magic school. Hogwarts has absolutely nothing on how cool Ifa Academy is. I somehow ended up reading a lot of magic school stories this year and this one was by far my favorite. The main characters’ teenage drama, while exhausting in the way that teenage drama often is, was also nonetheless well-realized and fun to read about. My only slight complaint was that I felt the ending was a little rushed, and I wanted a better explanation of certain occurrences near the end. But if you’re interested in something similar to Harry Potter or Percy Jackson with a majority-POC cast, this is the book for you. Non-Human Protagonist The Skin by J.E. Hannaford Hard Mode: She does spend most of the book in human form so I’d say not really
When unscrupulous humans steal her sister’s skin, a young selkie sacrifices her own freedom so that her sister can go free. She is forced to work for the humans she despises, at least until she can win her way to freedom and get her sister’s skin back. This was a really unique book in that it combines ancient Celtic mythology with a post-apocalyptic setting, something I’d never really seen before. Also, it has selkies, who are among some of the coolest mythical creatures. But I like seals so I might be a bit biased. The story starts out with three separate timelines that then join together in the second act, and I thought that part of the storytelling was cleverly done. Selkie’s journey is a powerful one, because she starts out very angry and unwilling to trust anyone but eventually makes deep friendships as the story continues. If I were to have any nitpicks I’d say that things come together almost a little too cleanly at the end, and characters I was certain were sus turn out to be squeaky clean, but that’s hardly a massive flaw. I recommend this one to anyone who likes seals, boats, mythology, shapeshifters, or post-apocalyptic settings. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Duckett and Dyer: Dicks for Hire by G.M. Nair Hard Mode: I’m not sure, probably not, there is some time travel
Michael Duckett is starting to get annoyed with his best friend and roommate Stephanie Dyer, who refuses to take life seriously. Whether it’s trying to get out of his dead end job or trying to find a girlfriend, it seems like she’s always ruining his plans with her antics. When they start getting contacted about an ad in the paper selling them as a pair of private detectives, he thinks it must be another prank. What he gets instead is a zany jaunt across the multiverse that will strain and perhaps save their friendship. This book was delightful overall, and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. It never at any point takes itself too seriously so if you want a Super Serious Time Travel Book this probably isn’t the one for you. But it nevertheless has a lot of heart and I grew quite attached to both main characters by the end. I did think some of the multiverse destinations were just a little too zany as to strain my willing suspension of disbelief, however, such as the world with the giant hamburger monsters. Still, this book was great fun. Five SFF Short Stories The Alchemy of Sorrow by Various Hard Mode: Yes
I find it hard to review short story collections because there are so many of them and each is going to have their own strengths and weaknesses. However this is one of the best short story collections I’ve read in awhile. There was not a single story in it that I found dragged at any point; I enjoyed all of them immensely and found a lot of new authors whose work I will definitely be checking out. The theme of the anthology is dealing with grief so just by definition a lot of these stories will rip your heart out and stomp on it, but there is also an undercurrent of hope throughout. 5/5, highly recommend. Features Mental Health The Heretic’s Guide to Homecoming by Sienna Tristen Hard Mode: Yes
This book. OH BOY THIS BOOK. I had actually hoped to read the second book in the duology for this square but I didn’t quite finish in time, but thankfully I reread book 1 to refresh my memory going in, so I’m going to use that as my one allowed reread. Consider this a mini-review for both books, however, with the caveat that I am still working on reading the ending. Ronoah Genoveffa Ellizzi-Denna Pilanovani suffers from a lot of anxiety and self doubt. After failing as both a priest and a scholar, Ronoah finds himself lost in a foreign coffee shop, unsure what to do or how to face the future. Enter Reilin, a mysterious stranger who offers to take him to the beautiful and sacred Pilgrim State — as long as he follows a specific set of rules. Ronoah’s journey takes him half way across the world, where he encounters vibrant cultures, wonderful friends, and mysterious ancient ruins, while almost in passing discovering the lost secrets of the fallen Shalledrim empire. But if you’re looking for action and adventure around every corner, this is probably not the book for you. Ronoah’s journey is internal far more than it is external, all about figuring out who he is and what is important to him and how, at last, to have faith in himself. I fully admit that Ronoah is not the protagonist for everyone, as his internal monologue and negative self talk can be A LOT, especially in the first book. But this series is one of the most beautiful pieces of character work I’ve read in a long time, all told via beautiful, poetic prose that almost seems to sing from the page. I’d say fans of Robin Hobb will also enjoy this series. Self-Published or Indie Publisher Dreams of Dust by Lily Anne Crow Hard Mode: Yes
Technically all of these books would count for this square but I will go with this one because as of typing this it only has two Goodreads reviews, one of which is mine, which is a crying shame because this book deserves better, but also means it handily counts for hard mode. Pampered city kid Thaniel Swift has studied long and hard to be a wayfinder, creating maps with his beautiful magic atlas. He’s beyond thrilled to get to go on his first expedition, only to find out he still has a lot to learn when they get sucked into a missing person investigation and find themselves pit against an undead queen who is willing to destroy the world to end her grief. This book has all the things I enjoy most in a fantasy story: secret ancient ruins, a colorful cast of characters who are suspicious of each other at first but eventually come together like family, and scary evil bad guys who commit their atrocities out of misplaced love. The world building is absolutely top notch, with a setting that feels lived in. I really wish more people would read this series so I could gush about it more. Award Finalist, But Not Won Shadow of a Dead God by Patrick Samphire Hard Mode: Yes
Shadow of a Dead God was a SPFBO finalist a few years ago. It features Mennik Thorne, a down on his luck mage who gave up a life of privilege to try and make it on his own. This goes about as well as you might expect, when a routine probably-not-legal job for his oldest and best friend blows up in his face and he winds up with half the city out to get him. This book shares a lot of similarities with the Blood of Crows, reviewed above — snarky guy has a routine job go terribly wrong, gets roped into a conspiracy, and survives far more beatings than is healthy. But if I were to assign comp titles to this book I’d say it’s like the Dresden Files meets Locke Lamora. Mennik is a delightful character overall and I enjoyed being in his sarcastic head. BIPOC Author Guns of Penance by Mari Kurisato Hard Mode: Yes, Mari is Nakawē Ojibwe indigenous
One of the really nice things about Bingo is that it seems like every year there’s a book I might not have necessarily picked up on my own but end up thoroughly enjoying. This book isn’t in my usual wheelhouse — ultra-violent post-apocalyptic settings are usually too edgy for me — but I’d purchased the book awhile back in order to support the author, and since I had it on my kindle anyway and it qualified for hard mode, I decided to give it a go. Wow! For a book about people murdering each other in a post-nuclear wasteland, this book was actually a ton of fun. There are four main female POV characters, whose stories weave in and out of each other: a computer scientist on the run after a major discovery, her rich heiress ex girlfriend, a drug addicted gangster looking to make a clean start, and a retired mercenary who is getting too old for this nonsense. Since all of these women are in somewhat violent roles I was worried they would start to blur together but each has a very distinct voice and was thoroughly enjoyable to read about. Highly recommended if you’re after a more diverse and female-led version of Mad Max. Shapeshifters Sidetracked by S.K. Kelley Hard mode: yes
I received this book as part of an indie author Secret Santa exchange last December. Studious and socially awkward, Jayde wonders how she’s going to survive her first summer vacation in college alone without her more extroverted best friend and roommate. Her summer takes a surprising turn when she meets an attractive stranger named Ice, who turns out to be, of all things, a cat shapeshifter. She is then dragged into a complicated world of hidden supernatural happenings and soon realizes she might be well in over her head. This book starts off seeming like a fairly boilerplate supernatural romance in the vein of Twilight — awkward every-woman falls in love with super hot supernatural dude. However it becomes increasingly clear as the story goes on that this is not that kind of story. Watching the story turn from paranormal romance to paranormal thriller was really fascinating and I found myself staying up late reading just to find out what was going on. This story is incredibly slow-burn, and I worry that some potential readers might give up too soon. But I absolutely can’t wait to continue this series. No Ifs, Ands, or Buts No Land for Heroes by Cal Black Hard Mode: Yes
I had to scan the list of forbidden words like six times to confirm it fits but I’m pretty sure it does. Anyway, this was an enjoyable weird western. Elven Deputy Berry is willing to do anything, even bend the law she is ostensibly sworn to protect, in order to keep her small town and her chosen family safe. But when a train robbery gone wrong pulls her back into a past she’d rather forget, she must face her demons once and for all. For the most part I really enjoyed this story throughout. There were a couple aspects that I was ehhhh on; for instance, in this setting elves take the place of Native Americans, leading me to wonder why there are no actual Native Americans (there are white and Black humans in this setting, so why not Indigenous?). I also would have liked more fantasy in my fantasy — despite there being elves and dragons and Legally Distinct Tieflings, those things almost feel like window dressing on what could have otherwise been perfectly excellent historical fiction. But No Land for Heroes nevertheless had excellent characters and an excellent plot and I can’t wait to see what the author comes up with next. Family Matters Awakening the Gods by Kristin Gleeson Hard Mode: …it’s complicated
Saoirse’s life has gone downhill since she graduated from university. Unable to hold down a series of dead end jobs, the only times she truly feels alive is when she is playing music at her favorite pub in Dublin. Everything is turned on its head when her father mysteriously passes away, and a woman claiming to be her grandmother offers to let her stay with her in rural Cork. There, she meets a hot blacksmith, and comes to learn that her entire life might have been constructed on lies and that she is, in fact, the reincarnation of the goddess Brigid. Unfortunately, Balor, the ancient enemy of the Irish gods, is also back in the picture, and ready to cause trouble. My favorite aspect of this book was the way it really made the setting come to life. I felt like I was there in Ireland with the characters. The romance was also well done, though I found myself getting frustrated as certain characters get angry at each other for reasons that seem irrational to the reader and aren’t explained. Still, this is a great book for anyone who likes Irish mythology, urban fantasy, and romance.
2023.04.01 00:45 Thammarat02 Come Join the Remnants of Hope Gaming Community
Come One, Come All
Hey GW2 players! Are you looking for a fun
, and brave space
Remnants of Hope might just have what you're looking for! We are a multifaceted gaming guild that is large enough to support all game modes, but cozy enough to care about you! Our Guild Wars 2 Division is part of an inclusive, well-organized, and democratic gaming community which has been around since 2009. We embrace players of all ages, genders, abilities, and playstyles.
While we are most active 7-midnight Eastern time
, we have members across North America and the world who play at a variety of times.
What's the new member experience like? Check out this post from our GW2 Forums thread
Brand new member and brand new to the game! RoH has proved to be my best new player experience of any game! The events are fun and engaging with no hard feelings if someone is new. Strategies and next steps are explained calmly and helps a newbie like me feel much more inclined to try out new things. Highly recommend this guild and super glad I found it!
All the Modes, for All Kinds of Players Our GW2 Division is organized into Departments to ensure we give our players all the ways they want to play:
- PvE: Our PvE Department offers a little bit of everything PvE related! Our goal is to keep PvE inclusive and open to every skill level. Each week, we offer fractals at a variety of tiers, achievement runs, meta events, and dungeons, including events for toons under level 80. Each event is led by a PvE Assistant who is knowledgeable in that area of PvE. There aren't any requirements, everyone is welcome!
- Mists: Our Mists Department hosts a full lineup of events, both sPvP and WvW (Tarnished Coast), that are low stress and open to beginners! RoH is surging in WvW four nights a week plus occasional unscheduled runs. Whether you're a true veteran or a fresh-faced young adventurer, we'd love to bash some heads and steal some keeps with you! There are no level, gear, build, or experience requirements for any Mists events.
- Raid: The Raid Department gets together every week to take on the task of clearing as many raid and strike bosses as we can, focusing on having fun and learning the mechanics of each fight well enough that we can relax and joke while taking out bosses. We offer both open raids and periodic achievement statics.
- Crafting: The Crafting Department hosts the popular weekly Guild Missions. We also host a monthly lottery, which helps fund guild prizes, WvW siege, and ascended food, and we also hold Guild Hall and community-based events!
More than Just a Game
The Remnants of Hope gaming community offers far more than just the GW2 Division, however. After beginning in Star Wars Galaxies in 2009, RoH has grown to include Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic
, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft
, and Final Fantasy XIV
. People who join RoH through the GW2 Division are welcome to join other Divisions and experience all RoH has to offer.
Our large gaming community also delivers stability
and a democratic structure
few guilds can rival. We hold Division and Community elections every six months, keeping leadership fresh and avoiding burnout. A detailed Charter enables good governance and financial stability for an organization designed for the long term. A strict but fair disciplinary system ensures that any toxic behavior is addressed quickly and confidentially. This guild structure allows a safe and joyful space for players of all backgrounds. Many of our leaders and members are part of the LGBTQ+ community, and we have players in every generation from Zoomer to Boomer. Our commitment to antiracism, diversity, and inclusion is built into our foundation and implemented through all our policies, including accommodations as appropriate.
The larger gaming community additionally provides many opportunities outside GW2. Our Discord and forums are constantly active, and the community meets as a whole once a month. We have a range of cross-community activities, including karaoke, movie nights, multi-game fashion and other shows, and casual games.
We have also held meetups in Washington, D.C. and Las Vegas, sponsored a booth at Awesome Con, and are currently planning our 2023 meetup! Feel free to catch up on guild news on our Twitter @ Remnantsofhope1.
Ready to Join?
We *deeply* value our community and want to protect it from disruption and toxicity. To that end, every applicant must go through a two-week trial period
, which includes reasonable activity and engagement requirements, to make sure there is a good fit between you and our community. Rest assured, however, there are people here who help you throughout the process; you never just join our Discord server and fend for yourself. Many of our Trial Members appreciate the care we take in integrating new players into the guild, and you can check out what some new members have to say on our GW2 forum thread
If all this sounds good to you, come check us out at www.remnantsofhope.com
and fill out an application today!
submitted by Thammarat02
to guildrecruitment [link] [comments]
2023.03.31 23:49 avonitramazle Tips for summer in the U.S.
TLTR: First time in the U.S. Any suggestions for day/weekend trips from Richmond, Virginia? Any suggestions for a 10 day trip anywhere in the U.S.?
I have never been outside Europe. I'll live & work near Richmond, Virginia for 2 months this summer. What should I see & do during my days off? Probably day/weekend trips to Washington D.C. and NYC (suggestions what to do there will be appreciated too), what else - any must see places and hidden gems on the East coast?
After that I'll have about 10 days for just travelling. At that point I'll have earned a few thousand dollars, so I can afford the ultimate adventure. 10 days is not enough to see everything, but I really want a trip stuffed with adventures, cities, nature & diversity. What should I do? Some of my ideas were going to the West coast - Los Angeles, San Francisko, Las Vegas, maybe some national parks? Or should I just go to Hawaii and spend the whole time there hiking and surfing? Or maybe get lost in the Rocky mountains somewhere in Colorado? Or are these just stereotypical tourist things and there are better ways to spend these 10 days?
submitted by avonitramazle
to TravelHacks [link] [comments]
2023.03.31 23:19 displeasedtrashpanda Adventure Time back in Forbidden Planet (Covent Garden) clearance today including A3 poster books for £2.99! Second image is the 20 prints in the book.
2023.03.31 23:10 jordancl [USA-NY] [H] 2060, Portable IPS Monitor, 700BR PSU, GBA + Games [W] Paypal
No chats, thanks. EVGA 2060 KO - $180 shipped
Have had this in an ITX build I have been trying to sell to no avail - will likely start to part that build out but GPU is easiest.
Timestamp: https://imgur.com/a/Igyy8U1 EVGA 700 BR - $55 shipped
Bought in a computer lot in 2021. PSU had low hours on it then according to the owner (<5mo) and I never ended up using it. Includes original box.
Timestamp: https://imgur.com/a/WW5SR92 Asus Zenscreen Go MB16AP - $125 shipped
It was a $300 monitor when I bought it as it has an integrated battery that it can run off of if needed. Incredibly lightly used. ~2lbs. Includes screen + magnetic foldable case / stand. There's a driver that needs to be installed for the screen to work, you can get it from asus download center. On install it will flag if for some reason your device is not compatible: https://www.asus.com/me-en/displays-desktops/monitors/zenscreen/zenscreen-go-mb16ap/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=ZenScreen-Go-MB16AP
GBA + Games - $350 - crossposted on /gamesale:
Bought this very tastefully built/modded GBA last year and found a lot of my old games, but then had a baby so just don't enjoy this as much as it deserves.
Mods include (most of build list shown here: https://imgur.com/a/qQ8Xn0E
, nearly everything purchased from HHL, except the USBC battery which was sold out at the time):
- Funnyplaying v2 IPS screen
- Transparent black shell and buttons
- CleanJuice USB-C battery pack
- Audio amplifier
- Dehum/ dehiss kit
- New speaker
- FP carrying case
Games available - all tested and working to title screen with the exception of Super Star Wars which has some garbled text. I'm not an expert by far so I don't know if this is fixable or what, all I've done is clean contacts: Gameboy:
- Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi (not working)
- Disney's Hercules
- Wizards & Warriors X - Fortress of Fear
- Disney's Toy Story
- Small Soldiers
- Looney Tunes "TWOUBLE!"
- Disney & Pixar A Bug's Life
- Mickey's Racing Adventure
- NBA Showtime - NBA on NBC
- Sports Illustrated Kids - Football
- Sports Illustrated Kids - Baseball
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf
- Galidor Defenders of the Outer Dimension
- Mat Hoffman's PRO BMX
- QUAD desert Fury
- NAMCO MUSEUM
- NO RULES Get Phat
- Koala Brothers Outback Adventures
- DEFENDER Saving the Human Race
- Karnaaj Rally
submitted by jordancl
to hardwareswap [link] [comments]
2023.03.31 23:01 Burningwood69 Almost missed it